Monistat adult content

I need to treat a yeast infection, the prescription my doctor filled isn't covered by my insurance and they said they don't have a generic type so I was adviced to just get monistat. I've never used it, I heard theres a cream and there an applicator thats just like a tampon, I'm on full pelvic rest so my doctor doesn't want anything up my vagina, which could kinda count as a tampon right?! So I just need a little more information from people who have used Monistat, any advice would be great.

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 9:45 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Health

• It works well and you do have to insert it but it is really soft as well. I would still call the doc and ask though. I do not recommend the overnight treatment though if it is a bad infection...the crap BURNS! Get the 3 day!
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 9:49 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• yes cream has to go up there, so i would call your doc and see what to do.
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 9:50 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• do you know how much it cost approximately?
    babyangelromero

Comment by babyangelromero (original poster) at 9:51 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• so is it cream or is it like a tampon?!
    babyangelromero

• It is a cream..actually it is this little oval soft gel kind of thing that you insert like a tampon. Ask the Dr. if he has a sample of the...I am assuming he called in Diflucan...a little pink pill that cures yeast. Maybe he does and then you don't have to pay for it.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:56 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

•  The only way to get rid of a yeast infection is to get the cream that you insert into your vag. It's an applicator (like a tampon has), but cream comes out of it (instead of a tampon)..if that makes sense. =P For a 3-day treatment with pre-filled applicators, I think it's about $15? I can't remember, it's been awhile since I've needed it. Good luck!

ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 9:58 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• he said he wouldn't prescribe the pill because its a category C.
    babyangelromero

Comment by babyangelromero (original poster) at 9:59 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

•  salexander - you just refreshed my memory! I forgot about the pill, and the gel insert thing. My bad. =P

ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 9:59 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• omgosh is there anything cheaper?! I'm sooo broke right now, Is there anything else I can get thata a little cheaper?
    babyangelromero

Comment by babyangelromero (original poster) at 10:00 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• You should call your doctor back and ask if he can prescribe a generic to diflucan (the pill you take for yeast infections). Don't let the pharmacy tell you there is no such thing as a generic, I have 2 stting in my cabinet now. It's called fluconazole tablets and it's cheap even with out insurance coverage.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:01 AM on Jul. 19, 2010