Wha would you do if you were at your mothers house with your kids and her boyfriend kept pulling his gun out waving it around?

Normally..he's a decent guy, very nice and respectful. We were over there Saturday night just sitting around drinking some coffee (he chose to drink a few beers). I am aware that he DOES keep a small handgun on his person at all times. Its just the way he is. But he's never pulled it out before unless he was showing another guy what kind of gun he had...you know how men are with thier toys...gotta show them off. I told him before that if he wanted to show off his gun to go out in my garage..I didn't want to see it..and I didnt want it around my kids.He was okay with that.
So, we were at their house, he's drinking...out out comes the gun. I grabbed my daughter and I told my mom "MAKE HIM PUT THAT AWAY". HE heard me and got all pissed. He said" I'm not gonna hurt your kids, I know how to handle a gun". I told him I didn't care how good he thoguht he handled a gun, accidents happened and he was drinking. I felt so uncomfortable.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 10:16 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• pull out your own gun and start waving it at him and be sure to tell him that you do NOT know how to handle a gun

is this an option for you, would be for me

asshole, drinking, kids around PLUS a gun ...not a good equation
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:22 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I would have taken my kids and left with the understanding that if I ever saw it out again, we would not return. He was being irresponsible.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:19 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Uh...pack up the kids and LEAVE!! Who needs that kind of crap?! Brandishing a weapon in front of young children...what a man!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:18 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I would have left.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 10:18 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I would have left. He knew how you felt. I would say this though I am sure my Mom would have backed me up and insisted he put it up or leave.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:18 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• personally I'd leave. My dds are use to guns though, my df (their father) is a hunter and so is his father so they know what they are. They are not around when the guns are shot and they know the basic saftey, as much as they can at their age.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:20 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I Definately would have left. Accidents happen all the time and you don't want to take any chances. Even when kids aren't around he should not be doing that crap.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:23 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• i would've left, if he's that stupid and your mom is allowing it i would leave and not go back. people with guns like that are stupid and could make a bad decision in the heat of the moment. she can visit you at your house.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:24 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• i would leave period. childrens safety is the most important thing a drunk person with a gun is dangerous
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 10:18 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I agree with you totally. I would have left too. It would make me feel uncomfortable even if my kids weren't with me.

I really feel uncomfortable knowing that people carry a gun with them on their person at all time.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 10:20 AM on Jul. 19, 2010