How to loose the baby belly?

I have an 8, 6, 5, 4 and a 17 month old. And I have recently decided I wanted to finally loose all the accumalated baby weight. About 60 pounds. I was overweight before my kids so, I suppose that doesn't help. I do situps, walking, weights 3-5 times a week. I feel like I am loosing weight every where but, my belly. What can I do about my belly aside from a tummy tuck.

matthewscandi

Asked by matthewscandi at 10:48 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You're on the right track. All you have to do is keep from getting discouraged! Your stomach is one of the last places your body will draw fat from, so it'll be one of the last places you'll see results. Sucks. Diet has a big part in burning belly fat as well. You have to eat super clean to really get results for the tummy.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:53 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• try doing the pilates exercises geared for the belly. those work wondrs
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:01 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Cardio is the only way to lose the fat. Safetly. Walking, running, aerobics, and things of that nature are the best way to lose the weight. 20-30 minutes a day. Yes, you can break that up to 10 minutes in the morning and 10 minutes at night, for example, if that works for you. Doing Pilates and Yoga is the best way to tone and re-shape your body. I would suggest that over lifting weights, because lifting weights is souly muscle growth. It doesn't help reshape the body or tone the skin.

You do not have to eat super clean to get good results, like a previous post stated. However, you do have to eat a healthy, well balanced diet with small portions. Three solid meals a day, cut out soda all together, and limit snacks to one-two a day. Eat slowly, because it takes your body up to an hour for it to say "I'm full". Stuffing yourself will not help with your weight loss at all. So eat slowly, eat small and well balanced meals.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:02 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• cardio cardio cardio....do you are doing all the right stuff. Just add more cardio and watch what you eat. Good luck!
    moonstarmom

Answer by moonstarmom at 7:27 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Focus on your diet.
    Lots of protein and fibre.
    Figure out how many calories you eat, and track every.single.bite!!

Sit ups won't make you lose your belly. It's like you're toning that muscle, but it's still covered in fat.
    Look up diet and exercise plans that focus on reducing body fat.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 10:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2010