Bottle

Why is the bottle viewed as a big deal in our society? Why is it 'bad' for a baby to keep their bottle past their first birthday?

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 11:03 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• dental issues
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 11:05 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I do not know of anyone who criticises bottle use at the magic age of 12 months. My son is 13 months old and still uses a bottle first thing in the AM and at bedtime
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:13 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I don't criticize anyone. I personally ditched the bottle at 12 months, and went to sippy cups. I figured I'd have to do it sometime, so why not age 1. To each their own.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• CM is a lousy indicator of what people really care about. There are some very vocal members who can't resist responding (usually with nastiness) to anything about their pet subject, but most people don't care much, and certainly don't think "horrible mother" is defined by things like this.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:16 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I think its mostly dental issues.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 4:09 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I believe it is dental issue as well.
    A bottle nipple is not natural, and as a childs mouth develops it can cause issues.
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 6:39 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I'm not sure and I don't really see an issue with it. For most babies, it's a comfort thing. I don't think there is really a magic age to pull it away from them.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 9:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Dental reasons....
    As they get older, it becomes harder to take it away. Kind of like they remember it more.
    mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 10:07 PM on Jul. 19, 2010