small child

so my youngest daughter will be 18 months at the end of the month and she is TINY. And when I say tiny I mean tiny. today I found a dress from when she was three 3 old and just as a joke I wanted to see if it fit and it DID. it was too short but it still fit. She is healthy and a good weight for her. But I was just wondering does anyone else have or had small kids like this? My oldest daughter was small til about a year and then she grew a lot none stop

lovie04256

Asked by lovie04256 at 11:07 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• my youngest was small until he hit 3 and now he seems to be growing like a weed. they all grow in their own time
    mommy2boys03

Answer by mommy2boys03 at 11:09 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• my youngest use to be super chunky then she started being mobile crawling and walking and lost it all. she eats sooo much but doesn't gain weight, people think I starve her but she has a fast metabolism. Shes pretty tall though, my little sisters baby weighed 9lbs 5 onces at birth and is a little over a year old and only weighs 16lbs an looks like a 6 month old.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 11:09 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• yeah at my daughters 16month check up she weight 18lbs but she weight 5lbs 12oz at birth. I'm not worried about her because I know she is fine but I was just curious about other babies
    lovie04256

Comment by lovie04256 (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• my friend has a daughter like that
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My son's K class had more little petits that I haven ever seen. We have kids that size and even their mom's take about like you saying this is their big one, you should see her little sister!

I'm all size hyper with my guy on growth hormone (kidney kid). As soon as he turns a new age, we get a new growth chart to come up against. He wasn't the smallest in K at all, but on the charts, he doesn't even get on them for height (25 for weight).

I wonder what kind of bodies your girl will have as teens and adults?
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:15 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• my son is 25m, tall (37-38 inches) but 25lb. we feed him...but he burns it off faster then he can take it in
    rocker_mommy_08

Answer by rocker_mommy_08 at 11:20 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• 2 of my 3 kids are like that.

My oldest is almost 14, and she's still super skinny. She just recently gained enough weight to wear size zero long jeans (she's about 5'5" and 90 pounds). I remember she weighed 28 pounds when she was 4. 

My son is almost 3 and still wears 18 month sized shorts with cinched up adjustable waists.  He's tall and weighs about 27 pounds now.  His twin sister is about the same height and weighs 30 pounds, which is avaerage, but she looks like a linebacker next to her brother.  3T shorts fit her perfectly, even without adjustable waist.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:34 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• All of my kids are like that. My 4 year old's favorite outfit is an 18 month outfit. The only difference is the capri pants are now shorts and the shirt is a little hard to get off. We have a really hard time getting pants for her. Her waist is about a 18-24 month size, but she needs 3T for length. Length is the problem with shirts as well. My 2 1/2 year old is finally starting to catch up and starting to outgrow some 18 month stuff. My 7 month old just outgrew his last NB outfit.
    mupt02

Answer by mupt02 at 11:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2010