10 Weeks pregnant and having a reoccuring nightmare about having an emergency c-section....why?

I have two other healthy children that I went to 37 weeks with and had successful uneventful vaginal births with :)

There is no logical reason to be dreaming this...but it is scaring me....

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 11:16 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• because you've spent too much time listening to birth horror stories and hanging out on cm!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:16 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I think it's just a normal fear pregnant women have, you might not even think about it during the day but it's somewhere in your subconscious so it appears in your dreams.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• you know, this is my third (c section) and I get more and more squimish everytime I get pregnant and think about the upcoming birth....your not alone in your fears! xo
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:17 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Sometimes if we are worried about why we dream something, it becomes a habitual dream. If you dream this again, push the dream aside and dream something else, such as a vaginal birth, or about a smiling baby.

Answer by Bmat at 11:19 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I agree that you might be spending too much time here reading about C-sections and the "end of he world as we know it if you have a c-section" posts and the "My Doctor is no damn good because he says I need a C-section...I mean who cares if my pelvis is too small and the babies' shoulder bones break?" kind of crap. LOL.
    You will be just fine. Trust your Doctor and trust your family and friends and by all means,trust yourself. Please don't listen to the flakey ones here who hate doctors and would rather give birth in a tub or on the floor ....hehe.
    Good luck with the new baby!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I think that is a huge fear for many women. My suggestion would be to learn everything you can about it, and so if you do end up with one, you will know it was for the right reasons, and not liability based reasons. :)
    squish

Answer by squish at 12:04 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I've had an emergency csection.. it wasn't that bad.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 1:08 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My emergency C section was a bit scary (for hubby- my life was in danger), but not that bad. Easier than my appendix surgery 8 months later (also emergency). Remember that pregnancy also changes your body chemistry- I had some WACKY dreams all the way through mine!
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 10:37 PM on Jul. 19, 2010