Would you do a vow renewal?

I would love to do this someday. I actually had a dream about it last night. My husband and I have been married for 11 years. I would like to do one for our 15th or 20th anniversary and have a big party.

KTMOM

Asked by KTMOM at 11:23 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I should add though, it wasn't like a wedding reenactment or anything like that. She didn't wear a wedding dress or anything along those lines, there wasn't a wedding cake, nothing like that. It was his retirement ceremony, followed by his retirement party, with a very sweet, moving, emotional, and sincere vow renewal and declaration of their love for each other in between the ceremony and the party.

sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:45 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I would, but I can't see us actually doing it - LOL!
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:23 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yes, DH and I plan to have one in a few years. We want our LO's to be old enough to be the ring bearer and flower girls. Our youngest is 1, so it will probably be in 3 years when she is 4.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:24 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• With the way our week has been going I will be happy to make it to our 10 year anniversary to do this. AAAHHHHHHH The stress of live in general.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 11:24 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• No, I don't see a point of the ceremony. My husband and I renew our vows every day when we do loving things for one another.

Answer by Bmat at 11:25 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Probably not...personally.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:25 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• i do love a good party, so why not
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:25 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• We sort of did on our 6th anniversary. I had been away from the Catholic Church for many years and wanted to come back and be able to receive communion again, so we had our marriage blessed in the Church. It was a ceremony that was just like a wedding, and we said our vows again.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:26 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I personally wouldn't. One wedding was enough for me. I don't really like weddings and the first one stuck just fine for us. We'll be married 13 years in September.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:32 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I don't think so. The orginal was the best for me. I would , however, have a party for a big anniversery. My parents are having their 50th in August.
    DebbieA

Answer by DebbieA at 11:35 AM on Jul. 19, 2010