What was your wedding like?

Our wedding was fairly small, maybe 50 people. It was in a nice clubhouse and we just had a reception immediately following. The only thing I would have done different is to have live music and dancing.

KTMOM

Asked by KTMOM at 11:26 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Small wedding, got married at 7months pregnant, outdoor wedding, loved it!
    chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 11:29 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Married at the Court House with in-laws and a few close friends in attendance.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• We had a courthouse wedding. There was a lot of family drama. We plan to have a renewal in about 3 years or so.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Horrible. Completely horrible.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:28 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• We had around 150 guests. I had a corset style dress that I fell in love with before I even put it on...lol...found out after I fell in love with it that it was only 350$ was even more in love with it after that....hahahaha

I recorded a CD of me singing some songs to play at the wedding. I love to sing, but thought it would be too overwhelming to do it live that day! Worked well. :)

Reception was at a lovely building my dad had helped build and maintain, so it was free too :)
    Had a live college jazz band at my wedding that I use to be a singer for :) They did it for free b/c I was a member before :) It was great, everyone danced :)

All in all, went just the way I had imagined :) Only cost a total of 5,000 dollars for the entire event.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:30 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• It was very small, in a church, a cake and little sandwich reception afterward in the church hall.

Answer by Bmat at 11:28 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• courthouse, with 3mo in tow.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:28 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• It was a traditional church wedding with the white dress and tux. We had about 200 guests. I thought the Wedding March had been done to death, so we had someone play Annie's Song on the piano. We had the reception at the church, and there was a rule that we could not serve alcohol, which was fine with us. There was just a nice humble meal with food prepared by my family and we all had a chance to visit.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:29 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• It was pretty quick. My DH was back from training and he only had two weeks of leave. His Mom was mean to me about planning a wedding, and wouldn't write a check for us (we would have paid her back as soon as she got there, but I wasn't on the checking account yet) so I told her to stuff it, didn't plan a thing... Only had the dress... and so my wedding was a last minute thing in a church and neither my DH or I are christian... Ugh.
    But I've heard the less you spend on your wedding, the longer the marriage lasts, so here's to the rest of our lives!
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 11:29 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• it was everything i wanted..the only thing i wouldve done different is i wouldve had cattering instead of having family and friends helping and i wouldnt have invited my dad and stepmomster. They were so rude
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:29 AM on Jul. 19, 2010