What Motivated You to Finally Lose Weight? *Whining*

I need to lose a substancial amount of weight and have NO motivation for it. I don't care if people make fun of me and though I am aware of health risks I just care at this time. I know I will care later so I want to do something now. I hate moving becuase I just feel sluggish all the time. I force myself to go play with the kids outside everyday and walk the dogs for about an hour but its not enough exercise. I don't eat a lot and typically opt out of sweets. I have had my thyroid checked (about 5 years ago) and it came back normal. The only issue they found is that I do not hold potassium very well. I solved this by eating more bananas, tomatoes, and potatoes (just what the doctor prescribed). If I get the "just do it" attitude I only make it about 3 weeks then stop. I think fat is very unattractive so I am not comfortable in my own skin but its still not enough motive... IDEAS?

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 11:28 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Honestly, I looked into the mirror and saw a middle aged woman that was obese for her height. I saw an unhappy face and my kids standing behind me. THAT is what woke my behind up. My kids. Period. I knew that if I didn't make a change, my girls would grow up unhealthy, unhappy, and could be motherless and Dh could be a widower. I have hypertension that was not caused by being overweight, but was aggravated by it..the same for my heart condition (genetic) and arthritis( genetic).
    I bought a bodybugg and began tracking my burn and consumption. I have lost 45 lbs and I am happy, and healthier than I've been in 15 years. I have the energy to play with the girls, and I enjoy working out now.
    My kids deserved better than what I was giving them as a Mom and as their main role model as I am a SAHM. They finally have the Mom they deserve.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• it's hard, it hurts, it's a bother compared to sitting or playing...but we have to the time~get a chubby buddy? join Phitter?
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:35 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• No, but if you find something that works let me know. I should be doing something, but here I am, on the computer. Eh, whatever.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Also looking for a plan!!!!
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I didn't make a commitment to losing weight. I made a commitment to being more active and getting fit. If I lost weight in the process, that was just a bonus (& it has been). I just wanted to be more fit so that I wasn't so tired playing with my kids all the time. Exercise routines don't work for me. I have to find activities that require a lot of movement and lifting/muscle toning. I play sports. When I move more, I naturally eat less.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 11:47 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• When I talk to my customers, I give them a weight chart and tell them to put it on their refrigerator. It has worked well so far. I had one that was addicted to sugar and sodas, so I told her to do something like she needed to do something in order to get that soda such as some push ups or run a lap around her backyard. Thankfully herbalife had the same affect on her as it did me and she gets sick whenever she drinks soda. She kept my advice though, before she thinks about eating something she shouldn't, she runs a lap in her backyard. She has lost about 43 pounds a little over two months doing that and her doctors are loving it lol. Just put something up that will motivate you, whether it be a saying or something where you will see it everyday. Don't buy things with high fructose corn syrup and don't keep soda in your house. GL momma
    pageantgirl3

Answer by pageantgirl3 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I wanted to look good in a bikini again.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 6:08 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Continued...
    When I started I was 167 lbs, 5'1" and a size 12... I am now 122 lbs, a size 6 and have lost over 20 inches off my body. I only have 5 lbs to the high end of my goal weight of 111-117.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 8:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2010