When you dress provocatively, do you NOT expect to draw attention to yourself?

Many of us say, we want to 'feel good about ourselves' when we dress up and show a little more than normal (cleavage, shorter skirts, etc).

Do you expect to get (negative/positive) attention or do you REALLY do it to feel good about yourself?

What does your DH/SO think?

ARmom

Asked by ARmom at 11:28 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I'm pregnant, so at this moment, half the time I'm in night clothes. But when I'm not pregnant sure I dress in ways many people would label as "provocative" but I do it because I like it... I really don't care what anyone else thinks or if it gets me attention. I want to look good and feel good... Being covered up just makes me feel like I have something to hide, like I'm less of a beautiful woman - and I'm not! Why should I have to dress to make others happy? And as for my DH, he couldn't care less what I wear, half the time he doesn't even notice... He's just happy when I'm in shorts and shorter skirts cause it means I shave my legs!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:36 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• If I dress in a certain outfit I do it for my husband so I don't really think about other people noticing.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:29 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I dress to please me!

Answer by older at 11:32 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Good point! I hate seeing business women dressed that way, because it doesn't tell me that they value themselves for their minds and their skills. I don't think that's the way to be taken seriously.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:30 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• my hubby loves it when I show things, but I always do it tastefully.
    No matter what you do someone isn't going to like it. when I dress to feel good I dress nicely, cleaveage doesn't have to play a part. Sometimes it does, sometimes not. Doesn't matter.

my husband is proud when I show cleavage and leg- He says he notices when men look and he gets proud and feels boastful that I'm on HIS arm! :)

I dress nicely for me.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Honestly, I dress for myself, I dress comfortably and what makes me feel good, I hate when girls dress all provicatively and then complain about being stared at and being approached. If you don't want that kind of attention don't draw it to yourself. I know theres are alot of women who dress nice, not to provacative and still get stared at and approached that I understand,
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 11:32 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I dress to please me. But, the truth is I don't tend to dress provocatively. My hubby does not really like it when anyone dresses that way. And, honestly, I have never been one to dress really provocatively.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:34 AM on Jul. 19, 2010