My twelve year old son is driving me nuts. Beating and taunting his brothersand trying to tell me what i can and cant do and if i dont do what he wants he gets mean and nasty. what do i do???

He seems to think hes the boss of everyone.

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• There is a really great military school in Virginia!! No, seriously!! LOL Tell him about the school, order some info on it...his attitude changes or else... Hope that helps!!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 9:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Try a conselor first. If that doesnt work, send him to Military school

• my advice... sit his bossy butt down at the kitchen table and tell him something like "I am your mom and you will respect me. period. if you do not, you will lose privilages. every time you hit or are mean to your siblings you will have some form of punishment. if this makes you mad, good, that just lets me know i'm doing my job right." and then you discuss the forms of punishments and whatever. and be consistant. don't let him get away with it one day and not the next. and, this is the big one, if he gets mad, ignore it. you're his mom, not his friend, and as long as he knows his anger affects you, he can use it to manipulate you.
    but i'm not an expert. just an ex-brat who remembers the tools of the trade, so to speak.

Answer by princezzmommie at 11:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Take everything away. I mean pack it up and move it out. After his meltdown, tell him you don't like how he has been behaving to you and his siblings. What you expect of him from here on out, and make him EARN it all back. He'll be in schock and your other childre will see, 'Mom is serious'.

I did it, it was hard, but I am glad I did it. Good luck!

Answer by ToldUNo at 2:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• well i think its his age. my sister is having the same problem. she doesnt discipline her kids so he is getting worse and worse but when he is with me i tell him ( and i know this is bad) that im not his mom and i will beat his ass (aka spank), he isnt too old for me to handle. My brother and I are the only ones that have ever spanks or "timed out" her kids and are the only people they will listen too. I just would advise you to find some means of discipline, even if its no tv... whatever works and stick with it. dont ever cave in.

Answer by hendrickson at 3:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• Ummmm LET HIM KNOW WHO IS BOSS!!! What are you going to do when he is 16, or 17 and twice your size? Or, when he gets expelled from school? Or is arrested? He is trying you. DON'T give in or you FAIL as a parent! YOU are the BOSS, PERIOD!!! Act like it!

Answer by Keriokeeee at 6:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• princezzmommie gave a much calmer BETTER answer to this question LOLOL~ I love her answer. Take her advice! And remember, YOU are in charge. Take that power and OWN it.

Answer by Keriokeeee at 6:57 PM on Jun. 29, 2008