How old should my daughter be to start her on some juice?

She is 41/2 months old and she is eating more often then sleeping or anything else. I tried baby cereal but she don't seem to care for it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its too soon for juice, ask her doctor when he thinks is a good time, but i would wait until she turns one, my son is two, and i only give him water and milk to drink, juice is just sugar, and it will rott her teeth
    Anonymous

• I read 6 months in a baby book.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 5:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• We get WIC and they allow for infant juice at 9 months. My doctor says we can give it to her now, but she recommends against it and if we do only do an ounce a day occasionally. You may want to try mixing in some fruits or veggies, the stage 1 varieties, with that cereal. My daughter was 4 months when we introduced cereal and about once a week afterward we introduced a new food. She is now nearly 8 months and eats a wide variety of foods.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 5:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• 6-9 months depending on your pediatrician's recommendations. My pediatrician says no more than 4 ounces per day.

You will have to try the cereal quite a few times before she gets the hang of eating it.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 6:00 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• juice has no nutritional value in it, hence it will fill her with empty calories and it wont do much to help her go to sleep, especially since its sugar based. Talk to your doctor, maybe he/she can give you some ideas, as to maybe starting her on some baby food. Also, start with a night time routine, we start his with a bath, then a baby massage, then pj's, rocking, a story, and lights out, then we might have to make a few trips in until he totally is out. Babies thrive on routine.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 6:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• my dd's 4 mos, and i have given her juice for about a month or so...my pedi reemed me, but only you know your child...just water it down ALOT.
    Anonymous

• My doc had me give me LO Gerber baby juice when she was 5 days old cause her bowel movements were hard and nothing was helping and I have been giving her juice ever since. When I first started it was 1/2 water 1/2 juice but only an ounce a day. now she is 5 months and has 3 ounces straight every day.
    KayleesMom2008

Answer by KayleesMom2008 at 10:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• oh yeah and my LO didn't like the cereal either and i started her on veggies and she loves it. but that's just what i have done. not telling you what to do, don't want to hear that it is wrong just trying to help! :-) might work but talk to your doc!
    KayleesMom2008

Answer by KayleesMom2008 at 10:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• my baby is five months and some lady in the babyfood sec. in kmart told me it was okay to give him juice but to mix it with water for ex: 2 oz. water 2 juice.. half and half and i tried it but my son dint like it soo i dont give him any lol
    beautifulesme

Answer by beautifulesme at 12:03 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I have been told juice at 6 months and try bananas or avacados, my son (12 weeks) goes crazy over them.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 9:54 AM on Oct. 2, 2008