Do toddlers go through a seperation anxiety phase too??

My son is 2-1/2 - I work outside the home and right now he'll be starting a new daycare next week, but he's been at my mom's and at a center since he was 15 months old but lately, it seems like he's going through this phase where I can't even go downstairs without him crying for me or needing to come with, I have only left him overnight with my husband 1 time and that was last night for a work function and he BAWLED before I left, I can rarely run errands alone , even leaving him home with daddy isn't good enough - I can't even go outside to throw away his diapers without him crying that he needs to come with.... is this common for this age?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• It is frustrating being a little one - their world is ever-changing. And it is a struggle with their ever-impending independence. I think they can have separation-anxiety, too, of course, but it is that, along with sensing changes in his schedule and such. It is overwhelming. But, this too shall pass.

beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2010