UTI is this common in pregnancy?

i woke up this morning and went to urinate and i was in a lil pain..kinda like a uti but it felt alil different because im prego...i called the on call nurse and i went to the lab to get a urine sample im waiting for them to call me back :/

bebegirl8861

Asked by bebegirl8861 at 11:31 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I read this was common, try drinking more water.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 11:33 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I got them a lot when I was pregnant.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:33 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• yes, they are common, I drank alot of cranberry juice with my first daughter, with my others not soo much they didn't like it so I just drank alot of water and made sure to pee if I needed to.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 11:35 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Very common because you have a lot more discharge usually with pregnancy than normal. Also your whole flora is off too. Drink cranberry juice and water and stay hydrated becasue it can cause preterm labor. Usually if you have one they will put you on macrobid since it is one of the safest antibiotics during pregnancy. Good luck.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 12:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2010