What is the best inexpensive protein powder for workouts?

I am starting a daily workout with INSANITY , which is intense and need to purchase a protein powder. The workout suggests Shakeology, but it's too expensive and I have to order it.. don't have time for it to show up. I am starting today!

I prefer to get something at any local stores that I can go directly too.

Thanks! :)

SimpleeMommy

Asked by SimpleeMommy at 11:38 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Walmart protein tastes like CRAP!
    It may be cheap, but I like being able to drink it.

The best tasting shake to me is the RTD Oh Yeah! Shakes.

My customers ALL say that Muscle Milk is the best tasting
    http://www.gnc.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3821463&sr=1&origkw=muscle%20milk

mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 10:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Thanks you two for responding! I remembered the EAS brand from Sams Club from a few years ago. That tasted pretty good and it seemed to work well. So that is what I went with. It was like $24-$25 for a alb bag. Works for me! :)
    SimpleeMommy

Comment by SimpleeMommy (original poster) at 10:46 AM on Jul. 22, 2010

• Don't experiment with your health. If you are starting a workout program you goal is to be healthier, right? Take the time to do some research. You don't want to do more harm then good to your body with a product that has no research behind it.
    Just for the heck of it go to www.welove juiceplus.com and read about the "Complete". If you order it you'll have it in a week. In the mean time you can make yourself a shake with non-fat milk (or rice milk), some yogurt, ground flax seeds and frozen berries and a banana.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 1:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2010