Any one elses child getting infected swollen misquito bites this year?

This is the 3rd time that Max has gotten a misquito bite and it gets instantly infected and swells about 3 times the size of the area - ex his arm got a bite and swelled up 3 times its size and he has to be on antibiotics for 10 days.. he gets them on his legs and is fine but anywhere over his waist seems to get like this.. I noticed another one on his neck last night and hoepfully since he's on antibiotics, it won't get too horrible but it is already really big now.. and he doesn't seem to be over scratching to get them either.. weird..

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 11:39 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• My son ended up with cellulitis of his foot b/c of one....was put on anitbiotics for it.
    momof3angela

Answer by momof3angela at 11:39 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yikes...no...thankfully.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:40 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• yes!
    she seems to be like me and my mom
    big reaction to bug bites
    but also all kids in her daycare have bug bites

bad year for bugs
    well, good for the bugs
    not good for us humans
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:40 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Not infected no, but they really swell up. The mosquitos are terrible this year, just swarms of them everywhere. I keep afterbite on hand at all times to keep the kids from scratching and bug spray of course (though I hate using it) and if we're going to be outside I also keep benadryl handy - the antihistamine helps keep them from swelling so badly.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:44 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I found a california baby brand of bug spray - all natural, non toxic and smells good too AND works...!! they are terrible In MN and I just can't believe his reactions to them.. gets me nervous to even have him outside.
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 11:46 AM on Jul. 19, 2010