should i test again in a few weeks?

my boyfriend and i are trying to have a baby. it has been alittle more than a month since my last period. i took a test on week 4 and it came back negitive ( not preg ) then i took a test on week 5 and still ( not preg ). last night we tried again with the process, but i am wondering since i havnt had my period if i should test in a few weeks from the other night? any advise at all would be greatly appritated

mommy_mobile25

Asked by mommy_mobile25 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Well, I would say that if you aren't getting a positive test yet and you ovulated when you think you did, that you aren't going to get a positive test. Some women don't get positive home pregnancy tests and need a blood test. I would suggest asking your dr for a blood hcg test. Are you typically regular with your period? Not everyone ovulates when they think they do, but if you haven't had a period in 2 months and aren't getting a positive pregnancy test, there is a possibility that you aren't ovulating or didn't this last time. iVillage has great TTC boards with lots of information that could help you out. Good luck!
    amygrims

Answer by amygrims at 5:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• My cousin didn't have a period in three years and has a two year old and is pregnant again. So you can ovulate even without a period. I had a miscarriage last year, but while I was pregnant I got a negative blood test and several negative HPt's. I would wait another week and try a home test and get a blood test.
    Sims8386

Answer by Sims8386 at 6:44 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Wait a couple of weeks, And test again ...Going to the Docs to take your hormone level is a good idea too
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:50 PM on Oct. 1, 2008