best advice you have ever given another mom

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 11:46 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• "You're only one person."
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:52 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• leave him
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:47 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• If it's raining out and you've ran out of ideas to occupy the kiddos - head to the pet store to look around...like a mini zoo, lol! My kids love it, I usually end up buying something real cheap so the workers don't get annoyed or something, but I think they understand the situation too!
    ellagrace

Answer by ellagrace at 11:48 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Just breathe
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Probably my sister.. she was having a really hard time BF'ing.. and her DD wasn't gaining weight.. and I told her it didn't matter what she was feeding as long as she was gaining weight properly. I think it made her feel a little better, cuz I'm her younger sister, and successfully breastfed. I also gave her a lot of advice to help her learn how to breastfeed, but she didn't take any of it.... :(
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 11:48 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Sleep when baby sleeps in the beginning. It doesn't matter how crazy you house gets, anything can be cleaned back up in a few days. Sleep is more important in the beginning.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 12:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• you know your true friends when you see their true colors .
    kris8525

Answer by kris8525 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• The best advice I ever got was to let the older sibling hold the newborn WHENEVER she wanted, even if the newborn was sleeping. It wasn't hard at all, and she got over it within a week. I think it really helped to make her feel like the baby was hers, and she has never been jealous of her little sister. My girls are 20 months apart and are currently 3.5 and almost 2. They get along very well.
    squish

Answer by squish at 2:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2010