due dates

I am a bit confused about my due date. My last period was Feb 8th. It SEEMED quite normal...lasted 4-5 days and soaked tampons, etc (sorry gross). Well in March, no period, or spotting. Took a test late March and it was positive. I didnt get to see the dr until early May due to insurance. Based on my LMP, he said i was 14 weeks (due on Nov. 14th). The ultrasound that day, measured me a bit earlier than that. Like maybe my period on Feb 8th wasnt a period? How does one know? Ive read that the later the ultrasound, the less accurate they are, so should I still be on target for Nov. 14th? My period really seemed like a period, which would mean i ovulated a couple weeks later (i am very regular).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• u can have ur period when u are pregnant even if it seems regular u could have still be pregnant
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 5:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• So you understand that you have appox. a 24 hour period when you ovulate to get pregnant if the sperm are there to help? It usually is day 14(ish) of your cycle and your cycle starts on the day you start bleeding. Its pretty simple really. Then I have to say that we all develope at our own rate. So an ultrasound could be a bit off. Yes, the later they are the less acurate. Mine said that I was due on May 8th. My doc calculated April 25th and I had him on April 11th! He was 7lbs 8oz and perfect! So see, in the scheem of things, it all depends on your baby anyway. When they are ready to be born, they are! Thats why its called an EDD (ESTIMATED Due Date). Hope this helps. Go with what they say and what you feel! Good luck. Its almost time!!! YEAH!
    MarynmomofColby

Answer by MarynmomofColby at 5:54 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I agree with the previous post. You can still have your period while you are pregnant. I'm a bit lost did your doctor say you are 14wks or when you went for your sonogram it showed that you are 14wks. With me my doctor told me that I'm due Jan 4. When I went for my ultrasound I was a week behind. So now, I'm due Dec 29.08
    Godsblessing01

Answer by Godsblessing01 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• heck your due date will prob change again. I think my doctor changed mine 4 times. they are doing it on size and you might just have a big baby don't let it bother you.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 5:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• usualy it is what htey measure the baby at .. that is what my dr told me ...
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:11 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Your due date will go from your last menstrual cycle. Subtract 3 months then add 7 days. so nov 14th is perfect. All babies grow at the same rate until they are 16 weeks. After that all babies vary. So if your U/S was after week 16 the due date should remain the same as 11/14. If your U/S was at say 12 wks then the date on the ultasound would be more than likely correct. But like the PP said with every U/s it will change by afew days and it is only an EDD. All my boys came early ( 1wk, 3wks, andthe twinswere7wks early)
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 6:41 PM on Oct. 1, 2008