Do you think the dr will induce me?

Yes, I know this is a touchy subject & a lot of women oppose it, but im 38 weeks and completely miserable. Im in tears everyday from the pain, im nauseous all the time, I'm neglecting my son & husband because I'm in pain, exhausted & grumpy. My appt last week I was hysterical because I felt so terrible, and the dumb midwife just gave me a $2 coupon for Iron....I'm not even anemic. This has been a very rough pregnancy from the start i had a picc line for hyperemesis. I've been having terrible cramps, awful backache nausea/vommiting, migranes,u name it. Do you think if i ask my dr to induce me she will? I was induced on my due date with my son, and it was a complication free delivery lasting 4hrs start to finish, and he was perfect & whole.

KaylaMarie425

Asked by KaylaMarie425 at 11:54 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just depends. While a lot of docs are induction happy, there are still some who refuse to induce for non-medical reasons.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 19, 2010

• It really depends. I know the docs at my docs office wont do it without a medical reason unless you pass 41 weeks. They also try to wait until 39 weeks to do it if they can. Just hang in there mama....
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 12:04 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• You can always ask. Just understand they can always say no. It depends on whether or not your cervix is ready. If it's not ready the induction will likely fail. But the worst possible thing that can happen is they say No we can't induce you yet. And the best thing they can and will. Good luck either way mama. You're almost done.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2010