How do I get my son to drink formula that is cooler

Ever since I started folrmula feeding my son, he likes his bottle hot. When I say hot, I mean hotter than you would normally give a baby. If it isnt hot enough, he won't drink it unless he is STARVING! And then he will just spit up the whole thing! I have pretty much learned to live with this, but now I am trying to introduce water and juice to him, but he doesnt like it. He acts the same way he does when he drinks a cooler bottle! What should i do? He enjoys the other liquids, but then spits them up for the next hour! Has anyone else had this problem?
Thank you!!

Asked by erafters at 9:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Cold liquids actually cause gas in our little ones. My son is w 5 and is just now accepting cold drinks...sorry!

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 9:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Everytime you fix him/her a bottle, make the water cooler and cooler. (slightly). Mine got used to it pretty quick.

Answer by strozilove at 9:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I'm not sure it will help you: I never heated or warmed a bottle for my kids. I used bottle water to make their bottles so I always left the water out at the counter and made the bottle as needed. So the bottle always room temperature. Sometimes it would be warmer sometimes just depended on the temp of the room. Perhaps it's something worth trying... Good Luck

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• i do the same thing "sahminil" did. i think you should try the cooler then cooler idea from above

• my baby didn't like it cool at first either but if you let him get real hungry he won't have no other choice but to take it cooler, he'll drink cooler formula now whether he's real hungry or not.

Answer by mimig17 at 3:20 PM on Jun. 29, 2008