I have postpartum, from a miscarriage... I threw a coffee table at my fiance.

I don't know what is going on, but I am going nuts. I cry all the time, I have insane mood swings, i'm angry one minute and fine the next. I mean, I do know what is going on, I just don't know what to do. We don't have the money for the doc appt or any medication right now. My fiance is miserable and making sure I know how hard everything is for him. My DD is out of town with family because I simply cannot take care of her right now. I want my fiance to leave me because i'm tired of making him so unhappy... What do I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I would get seen
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I'm not sure if that is PPD or just grief. Maybe try counseling
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• go see a doctor.. a.s.a.p..
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• what about medicaid? so sorry you're going through this. if you need to talk i'm here. i had postpartum while my dd was in the nicu and broke my favorite porceline frog throwing it at my hubby. oops! it happens to the best of us, and there is NOTHING wrong with you just a hormonal inbalance. hang in there, and if he's the right guy he'll understand and let you throw a million coffee tables at him Good luck and God bless
    chupachyps

Answer by chupachyps at 12:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• This is normal...after a loss your moods are crazy. A little over a year ago my first born twin son passed away, he was 5 days old and he was named after my husband, It was sooo hard on us, I can't say it was harder on me then him because we both lost a son. I know it was hard though, they're were times he didn't want to talk about it and there were times he couldn't stop crying. We have other children and our surviving twin son but he didn't want to go to the hospital because he didn't want to get close to our surviivng son just to lose him also. My twins were born at 24 weeks. I still remember the look on his face when we went to the nicu and saw our son and he turned to were my other son use to lay and he wasn't there anymore, he just looked at me and walked out, he flipped a tray in the cafeteria that night. We argued and fought it was really hard and eveyryone would tell us that we needed counceling and.....
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:06 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I'm so sorry about your loss!

Often times there are grief support groups, some that even deal specifically with miscarriages. Maybe you can look into one of those.

As far as you wanting your SO to leave you because you're in so much pain you're making him miserable... Sweetie, I know you're not married to him yet, but you said you are engaged, and that says you're planning on getting married to each other, and have made that commitment in your heart, right? Well, marriage vows say "for better or for worse, in sickness and in health..."
    Right now, this is one of the "for worse" times, and you aren't in good health - your heart is sick with grief.

Let him be there for you, and let yourself be there for him. I know it's killing you right now, but you can get through this together!

(((hugs)))
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:10 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• would get so mad I dind't want to see a professional I wanted my son back and a professional was not goingto be able to help me with my pain, nobody was going to understand the pain of losing a child, no degree or 8 years of school could heal that, not unless they had gone through it and everyone that loses a child loses them differently, the only person that could understand was my husbadn and here we were arguing with each other, and fighting with each other after we realized that we tried to be there for each other more, then we realized that our son in heaven would want us to be a family and not fight. We were looking for a way to heal or pain while all along it was at home, my son has always been here and wasn't going to leave us, plus we have our children and our surving son. No one can understand your pain but each other and you need each other to make it trhough this. Talk to him, he's your support.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 12:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I'm sorry for your loss. Try Planned Parenthood. They provide a number of services, and if they do not provide counseling or maybe birth control to help with the hormones, maybe they can refer you to a free or inexpensive counselor or the services you need.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 1:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• this is the minor issue but how the hell did you throw a whole coffee table!?!? Seriously, though, please go see your doctor or a grief counselor so that you can learn to cope. Miscarriage is a very difficult thing to get over and you shouldn't try to do it alone
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• i have not had a miscarriage but i did have alot of hormone problems after i had my dd..i took fertility drugs to get preggo and they made me insane..during pregnancy i was awesome happy go lucky then about two weeks after she was born i was nutts but a whole lot worse..i take an anxiety med called buspar or buspirone it works well and its only like 4bucks at walmart...it keeps me level and i can function...i didnt know what was going on until i saw my dr...i am so deeply sorry for your loss...but if you can in any way possible please see if you can get some type of help from a dr...and your fiancee if hes a good man will understand and he will know to hold you when you are having troubles...again im so so sorry
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 5:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2010