How to get rid of acne?

well ihad really bad acne when i was pregro. I had tryied everything. proactive, over the count tour med. I dont know what ellse to do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• DO NOT put alcohol on your face. It will leave craters(holes). Try washing your face with water as hot as you can stand it and dab your face, (not dry) with a clean towel. Put some type of mask on it and let it dry, all they way. Pull the mask off and and rewash your face with luke warm water.
    DON"T pick at your face, your hands always touch (dirty) things. (money, items, door handles, etc.) Then when you touch your face it affects it. I'm no expert, but that's what I did when I was younger and it helped. I had acne BAD!!!! Good luck!!!
    strozilove

Answer by strozilove at 8:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• are you pregnant now? I would try to get on YAZ it is a birth control and it is suppose to help with acne. I just started mine yesterday. I also wash my face twice a day with Acne Free. Try steam. Boil some water and use a towel over your head and place your face above the steaming water.
    jessicamelia83

Answer by jessicamelia83 at 8:35 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• neutragena has a new acne system out, that is supposed to be better than proactiv... go to skinid.com, and fill out some info about your acne.. it will have a system specially formulated for your skin type..
    nana

Answer by nana at 9:58 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I'd love to share my miracle cure with you! I suffered from adult acne until I found Rodan+Fields Dermatologists and they have a brand new line out called Unblemish! It's affordable and comes with a 100% money back guarantee!!! It's an easy 3 step system that WORKS!!! I'd love to answer any ?'s you have or give you more info...PM me if you'd like to talk about anything..otherwise you can check it all out and order online at:
    http://jamieg.myrandf.com/
    Good luck..I know it's hard to suffer from acne! I hope you check these products out! <3
    jrgorby19

Answer by jrgorby19 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• This article on Associated Content will solve that problem for you...
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/623815/the_end_of_acne_finally.html
    Neminly

Answer by Neminly at 4:08 PM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Rodan and Fields are the ones who sell ProActive. ProActive works for a while, but then it quits working and makes your skin start to look old. Once you quit using it, your face will FREAK out. My face is so messed up now. I am getting my acne under control but now I have these little postules that make my face look all lumpy and uneven. I don't trust them, the way they market their stuff, anything. It's very expensive, and then supposedly that system is supposed to work, yet they sell all sorts of other stuff to go with it. If it works so well, why do they have other stuff?!
    Anonymous

• I have been on YAZ for almost a year now & I was having the same problem as you. Yaz really works for me & I am so happy now! My skin got so bad because of my hormones after giving birth & I had tried EVERYTHING, you name it I've tried it. I started to even get upset with my dermetologist because I was just wasting money on visits! YAZ is a low dose of birth control which I like since I worry about other body changes when using birth control. If you don't want to get on birth control then I would ask your derm. doctor about spironolactone. You will have to do blood work first to see if it will work for you but that was the only thing that worked for me before taking YAZ & when I got on YAZ I could quit taking it!
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 1:49 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• go to an estitician at a local spa. they can set you up with products that will help you and also they can give you a facial that is specific to your skin type.
    ginop44

Answer by ginop44 at 11:21 PM on Oct. 3, 2008

• I am an Esthetician and got acne last year. I tried EVERYTHING!!!! I even went to the dermatologist and nothing worked. I picked up a book that we were selling at our spa called "You Can Heal Your Life" it is full of different affirmations that you say for different ailments. I kid you not within 1 month my face was completley clear. Everyone at our spa bought a copy of that book after seeing what it did for me.
    Anonymous

• pro active is a gift from god
    Marci_Faye

Answer by Marci_Faye at 3:24 AM on Oct. 5, 2008