How do you organize your changing table?

Any tips on how to organize a changing table? This is all new to me, and I'm not sure what I should keep on it and how to make it the most efficient changing experience!

SMH2010

Asked by SMH2010 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Honestly, I never used my changing table... Maybe once, but not more than that!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:07 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I got rid of that darn waste of space ages ago.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:09 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I only used the changing table when they were NEW NEW borns.....and besides that it sits up in my DS's room and collects dust...lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 12:10 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• i got a plain, sturdy changing table, and dressed it up with colored wicker organizing bins on the shelves. one for each group of items; spare changing pad covers, creams and lotions, small toys, etc. i use a diaper hanger on the end of the table, too.
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 12:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• It depends on the configuration an location of your table. I always try to keep the things I use close to the top. If you have any space the same level as the changing area that's a great place to put wipes and a small basket with diaper rash cream and any other small things you might need. I kept baskets filled with diapers just below the changing surface and stored extra supplies at the bottom.

When we moved I found room for the changing table in one side of a double closet. I put the wipes and diapers up on a shelf so I didn't have to bend down at all.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• One other idea - I put a mobile up over the changing table when my twins were infants, and they loved that.

Like some of the others mentioned, I didn't use the changing table much with my single infant, but it's gotten a workout with my twins. It may be because I'm older and getting up and down is harder on my back and knees now than it was when I was younger.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:16 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• i use my couch!! lol! but i have a basket on the table w diapers, wipes, diaper cream, boogie sucker, saline, lotion, binky clip, nail clippers, nail file, a&d ointment, and eucerine lotion.
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 12:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I think after I use it as changing table, I'll just use it as a storage unit for her stuff. I really like the mobile idea. Thanks everyone! :)
    SMH2010

Comment by SMH2010 (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I used a set of drawers so I could stash stuff in the top drawer. It was big enough to hold about a dozen 'sposies, my cloth dipes, and the small stuff like diaper cream and such. If you're right handed then keep the wipes on the right side of the mat and make sure you can access anything you might need to grab like cream with your right hand. Keep the stuff you won't need to access on the left, stuff like the diaper stash (grab one before you start) and lesser used items.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 1:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2010