do you use a changing table or something else?

i use my couch for the most part. had one for my first, never really used it....

rileymommy

Asked by rileymommy at 12:20 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use the couch, floor, or the bed. I only used a changing table when I watched a friends baby and that is how she did things. It was so awkward!
    ameliasmama1

Answer by ameliasmama1 at 12:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I used the couch, floor or a bed depending on where we are when I need to change a diaper. I haven't ever had a changing table per se, but there is one on the play pen my mom bought when my first was a baby. Now that my youngest is getting bigger, it's easier to change her on the floor or couch. I think changing tables are nice but we never had the room or money for one not to mention it would be one more thing to get rid of in a couple of years anyway.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Couch, bed, chair (we have a big roung 'snuggler' chair) or the floor typically. I had one for my first and second and never used them. The first was actually the top to the dresser, it was built in. And the second came in my 'Nursery In A Box' set.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Couch, floor, bed. Pretty much any surface that is clean except table/counters. I have a changing table, but I use it as a tv stand/stuff animal holder in my dds room
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:26 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Couch, Floor, Bed... whatever... I had a changing table with my oldest, but we didn't ever "hang out" in that room, so we had to take him all the way upstairs to change him... Which we never did... So we never used it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I had a dresser which the top opened up on top to a changing table. However, my babies were too mobile and I feared they would roll off and get hurt. I put a blanket on the floor and did it that way afterwards. It gave me peace of mind for their safety.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I change my DD's diaper on the floor or the bed. That being said, when I put her on changing tables in public places, she freaks out! She screamed her head off the first few times.. I think she's scared of heights :P
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 12:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• we bought one but i never use it. usually use the floor or couch
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 12:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• With both my kids we bought dressers that we put a changing pad on top of. So that's where they are changed for the most part, aside from sometimes on the couch, bed, floor etc. Never saw the point of having a designated changing table since after they are out of diapers, you have no use for it any longer.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 2:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I use a changing table or the floor with a changing pad under the butt.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:25 PM on Jul. 19, 2010