I forgave my cheating husband because i had almost strayed away too...

we were going through a really rough patch, mostly because he was feeling like i wasnt doing as much as i could to make him feel like a man, and from my stand point he had started distancing himself from us, and i felt myself trying less and less to do things to please him because he never seemed to reciprocate. i had almost had a few flings honestly, but i would always stop myself before anything got risky ( like i would flirt with guys and wouldnt say anything if the groped me etc, and had even kissed a guy) all because my hubby was turning me down everytime i tried to show him affection. so i felt alone and then he felt even more alone but he took it all the way with a girl. i love him, and i know what i had thougt about doing, and i sincerely want to move on with our lives, i think that it will make us stronger, has anyone else felt this way before? i forgave him after 4 days apart and we have never been so passionate.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I do understand.
    as much as I tell women to be careful of straying men and to be smart, I do know how easy it is to have a slip, and like you said, you were having 'slips' of your own too during a bad patch. It sounds like it was a very hard time.
    Though in my opinion you didn't technically cheat exactly, you understand what it was like to cross the line.
    it's not always black and white, and the choice is ALWAYS yours.

I say good for you.

But if it was me, I'd see about counseling to see what it was that took the 2 of you to that point in the first place and see what you can do to prevent it from happening again-

cheers and good luck!!!!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• sometimes it takes something bad to make people realize how much they mean together.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 12:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I think in that situation it should be fogiven. I mean technically you DID cheat too by kissing another man, letting someone grope you and by letting yourself get that emotionally carried away.

I forgave my bf for looking at porn because I secretly look at stuff sometimes.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• All I can say is good for you. I've never been in such a situation, but I do believe that any marriage that can be saved should be saved. I hope it works out for the best.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I believe if you think it can work, then it is worth trying to make it work. Personally, as well, I would suggest some form of couples counselling.
    OmbreGracieuse

Answer by OmbreGracieuse at 12:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I understand how you feel and agree with forgiving someone once, but I'd really go forward with caution if I were you. I haven't experienced it, but have siblings who've had spouses cheat and without fail things would be great for a while (my sis calls it the honeymoon period) and once problems started - like do in all relationships - they cheated again. I've also heard of couples where it happened once and things got better and it never happened again, so it can happen. Just be real careful putting your whole heart into the relationship too quickly!
    Hausermom

Answer by Hausermom at 12:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2010