How do you feel about Mohawks?

First time my son had one, he was 6 years old. I decided at this point that I will pick my battles...hair always grows back. Well...the kid has a alien shaped giant head which was only exaggerated by this thin run way looking strip going down his skull, LOL.
Well...since then his "style" changed and he has that "Disney" hair..kind longish and swingy,lol..best I can describe it.
Well, he's with his friends right now and they are going to get thier hair cut and he called and asked if he could too. I said sure (I've been buggin bout a hair cut for a month now). Thing is..they are gettign MOHAWKS...JOY JOY,lol. I think he forgot what his head looks like with this. I said go ahead but I got the adult on the phone and told them to tell barber to keep the top long and to not make the sides bald and not to leave a strip down the back.I hope that looks better than last time. Kids. Anyway..what do you think but mohawks?

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 12:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• That's a faux-hawk. And I've always wanted one myself, but DH says it's too "butch." I think it's cute especially on little boys. If I had a boy, I'd do it too!
    RachaelMac

Answer by RachaelMac at 1:07 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I think they look ridiculous.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 12:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• what do you mean not to leave a strip down the back and the front long?
    sorry- jsut confused...sounds like it won't be much of a hawk that way...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• *my x boyfriend had a HUGE mohawk- he would sleep with his head turned to the side so it would stay up better! lol
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• mohawks are great! And easy to maintain! My son is 7 and just got his first one! This year the military kids seem to all have one <3
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 12:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I like them. I think if I had a boy I would say whatever you are allowed to have at school, but summer time would be whatever he wanted.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 12:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I think they are cute! but like you said it will grow out and so will he grow out of wanting one, picking your battles is wise, very wise!!!!

Answer by older at 12:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I have no problem with them. My two older boys have had them at various times, my 4 yo hasn't yet, but I'm sure he will. Like you said, hair grows back and it's really not that big a deal. I usually only let them do the "different" hair cuts/styles in the summer, but beyond that I don't have a lot of restrictions. My oldest son (12) has had blue hair (bleached out and dyed), an asymmetrical faux hawk dyed into his hair, several mohawks, he tried doing the longer "hockey" hair, but his hair is sooo straight it just looked wrong. My middle son has had some different 'dos too. My sis is a hairstylist, she actually also teaches at a hair school, so she usually does the boys fun hair styles. And luckily with them being boys, worst comes to worst, we just buzz it off, which they've had before too.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• i want a little boy to put a mohawk on....
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 12:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I feel like, they aren't hurting anyone or anything - Go for it! Hair grows out and grows back... If my kids want a mohawk with purple & red stripes... I'm all for it... I dated quite a few guys and girls with "strange" hair cuts and colors and had a few myself... Look at me today and you wouldn't think - "She had a pink scalp at one point" So what did it hurt?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:08 PM on Jul. 19, 2010