Oprah today

how rediculous...the mother who by the way was a teacher left her baby in the car for 8 hours while she worked. She "forgot" to drop her off...are you serious...the little girl was basically baked to death in that car and everyone was trying to convince her it was ok and everyone makes mistakes....are you serious? that little girl dided a horrible slow death and everyones trying to convince the mom it could happen to anyone.....she should have gotten charged with neglect or something.....anyone else feel like this was rediculous?

qsmommy88

Asked by qsmommy88 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• What I am most outraged about is what if this was a young or teen mom what would people be saying then? We would be hounded as young moms for leaving our kid in the car. We would be facing charges that NIGHT. People would assume that we did it on purpose to get rid of the kid we didn't want. Our responsibility and parenting would immediately come into question. The headline wouldn't be MOM LEAVES CHILD IN CAR FOR EIGHT HOURS as in this case, rather it would say YOUNG MOM LEAVES CHILD TO DIE IN CAR FOR EIGHT HOURS.
    Is it suddenly an accident because she's in her 30s with a high paying job?
    Anonymous

• didn't see it but that is criminal negligence in my book. how can you forget your child.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 5:52 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• how recent are we talking about??? I mean when did this happen....

The only one that I could find that involved a mom who was a teacher was dated 2007.

There was one early 2008 but the mom was shopping and was NOT a teacher.....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 6:21 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I get that it is a sensitive subject, and a TERRIBLE mistake... however, it is not for us to judge. Did you also see that Oprah asked us Moms why we are so viscious towards one another and quick to judge? I totally understand that you may have your opinion about what happened, as does everyone who watched Oprah today OR heard the story when it ran on the news. But you missed the point of the show which was to SLOW DOWN and that Mom's, in general, spread themselves too thin. I just wish that there was a bit more empathy and constructive criticism and less judgement...
    Anonymous

• Nope didn't see it. Boycotted Oprah a long time ago. As far as the 'spread too thin" I could NEVER be spread so thin I forgot my child for 8 freakin hours.
    Anonymous

• Actually she was an Assistant Princiipal whose morning was complately turned around when her husband had to go to the dentist and she stopped for donuts for the teachers in the school and was taking them out,, going to work, and then she forgot her daughter for 8 hours.He usually took the children to daycare, and it was the first day of school. I personlly don't know how I feel about this, because I did see it, and it was heartbreaking, and I look at her and realize it could be one of us , but, then I think , how could I forget my daughter. I am not saying what she did was unforgivable or anything, but, I have never been in her shoes. Unfortunately, she has to live with this the rest of her life.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:55 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• There was 1 episode of CSI with a lady coming upon the baby (dead) in the backseat. It gave me nightmares for a week. I mean knowing, like you say, this poor baby having to die this horrible death alone. It's heartbreaking.
    But honestly, I CAN see how it can happen. Parents, especially moms (usually) are expected to do so much. They have way to many pans in the fire so to speak. I am a SAHM and I still sometimes feel like I'm running around "like a chicken with my head cut off" with four kids, three dogs, two rats, and hubby. lol. There's just so much to worry about. I HAVE had to take a couple seconds and count heads. I don't know. I pray I never get so caught up in other stuff to forget my kids. But you know, we all have bad days.
    Try not to be judgemental. I'm sure this mother is suffering enough with what she did. She doesn't need nasty people.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:02 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• regardless if i have to run all over before i go into school i could never forget my son? are you serious? im just saying i was watching another talk show where the mother left her child in the car to run into the store for less than 5 minutes because the kid was asleep and they tore her a new one. personally i cant fathum someone forgetting their child in the car all day. why empathize with her? to me it seems like everyone's saying its ok it wasnt your fault....who was responsible to drop her off? so ultimately whos fault was it? i understand what she meant about slowing it down but damn that poor little girl...
    qsmommy88

Answer by qsmommy88 at 7:09 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I think she should be charged with something. Every mom probably has a million things to do. But let's face it, she probably dropped her kid off everyday. It was routine. SORRY, but I really don't feel bad for her being so stupid. I have 5 kids, a BF, a dog and a million things to do. I may forget to pick up milk on the way home from somewhere, but I would NEVER, EVER forget my BABY in the car. I mean seriously, you have to be an idiot. My kids are always on my mind....kind of hard to forget. Why out of the blue would she forget all of a sudden that here baby was still in the car. I feel bad for the baby that had a mom who would just forget her. I know I'm spread thin a lot too, but never would I forget my children. It makes me sick, that her working and being busy and stressed is her excuse for her daughter dying in a car. If that was the case a lot more babies would be forgotten.
    lilmomma4

Answer by lilmomma4 at 8:48 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• she should be charged with atleast something! thats just stupid
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 9:10 PM on Oct. 1, 2008