What is the best sippy cup to help transition out of the bottle

My daughter will be 1 next month and Im hoping to get her off the bottle around then, but we are having a hard time getting her to drink out of her sippy cup. Its one with a rubber mouth piece so its supposed to be easy to go from the bottle, but she is not having it. Its by Gerber. Any suggestions on any other cup that might work?

brandidy56

Asked by brandidy56 at 1:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I just bought my son a Nuk sippy cup from Walmart and he loves it! I had previously bought him a Nuby one and an Avent one and he hated both of them. I was trying to get him off the bottle also and he would cry everytime i would try to give him his sippy until i bought the Nuk one
    kassee

Answer by kassee at 1:16 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I too used the Nuk to transition from bottle to sippy cup. Its so close to a bottle its a good transition. I then moved to the Nuby once my DS mastered the Nuk. And from there it was an easy transition to the hard spouts.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 1:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yes i had at first bought him one that was a hard spout and realised my mistake. He really does like his new sippy cup. I would just try different cups till he finds one he likes
    kassee

Answer by kassee at 1:26 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I have 2 kids and have used all kinds of sippies for both of them. I found the earlier you introduce one, the better your chances and it didn't much matter which kind. My daughter (who is 9 months) is currently using the cheap take n' toss ones and she's doing just fine!
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 2:08 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My daughter only liked to ones with straws.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 5:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2010