I'm a grandma, I have two grandsons living with me for school,

I have had little girls, and when they hit 13, they go from your bf, to your worst nightmare. I have not done the teenage, or pre teen boys. God help me....have I bit off more than I can chew???

Dee_Dee_15

Asked by Dee_Dee_15 at 5:57 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• I really think it depends on the kid. My boys were total opposites, one an angel child, a troublesome teen. The other made life for himself until he hit puberty, now, at 18, he's a godsend. My daughter, now 10 - is showing signs of that "evil creature" people talk about . We are close so far, and I make a point to put a quick halt to what I call the "pissy ass attitude" - if it rears its ugly head, I try to make light of it by doing things like taking her to the front door, making her step outside and reminding her that we "leave the drama and the trauma at the door" - this usually makes her roll her eyes, but shape up her attitude. With the boys, I think you just have to remember that its a big emotional time for them. I think the teen years can be just as tough on boys. Remind them often that you love them, but don't let them push the line too far. Kids need boundaries. Good luck - you are special to have taken this on task
    jjandjsmomma

Answer by jjandjsmomma at 6:24 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• You're a grandma- grandma's can handle anything ;) I think it's great for what you're doing.

I have 3 boys- 16 1/2, 12 and 8 and they are total opposites. I don't think it's a boy/girl thing. I think it's personalities. My 8 year old is way worse than my teenager....lol

BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 1:13 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• Most teen boys are pretty calm unlike the head rotating 360 pea soup spilling girls.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:03 AM on Oct. 2, 2008