Can pregnancy change the color of your hair?

I have brown hair that has a hint of red in it and I have been dying my hair for over a year (almost black). well I am 14 weeks pregnant and it still looks like I am dying my hair. I normally do not dye it every month either, so it has been a long time. I had a friend even ask me if I was because my hair is getting so dark. Can pregnancy darken your hair?

Savymom25

Asked by Savymom25 at 1:10 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Yes. When your hormones change your hair, skin and eye color can as well... When you are pregnant, your hormones go insane!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• yes it can.... after having two boys my hair also went from straight to curly ! I didnt even know that was possible but my hair dresser said it does happen.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I know a little something about the Insane part! : )
    Savymom25

Comment by Savymom25 (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• yes, my hair color is much darker during pregnancy. it changes the texture a lot too. darker and curlier
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:13 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I have noticed my hair is curlier then normal to.
    Savymom25

Comment by Savymom25 (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yes! My mom was a blonde her entire life. When she was pregnant with me it turned dark brown. My hair gets darker too, although I already have medium brown hair.
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 1:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yep! Mine didn't really change colors, but I got one curl in the back of my very straight hair. :)
    squish

Answer by squish at 2:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I'm pregnant with my first and my hair everywhere has gotten thicker and darker. I have naturally almost black hair with natural auburn highlights(my mom is a redhead and my dad is hispanic) and now it is pitch black and looks like I've dyed it and it's a lot thicker. The same with the hair on my arms...since I used to go to the beach a lot, the hair on my arms was blonde and now it's dark and thick and it's repulsive! lol
    jazi1105

Answer by jazi1105 at 3:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2010