Describe your dream home?

Mind is at least 3,000 sq. ft 4 bedroom, 2 full and 2 1/2 bath, one level with a basement, open concepts, split floor plan. Master suite with his and her walk in closet, a fire place and a seating area. Master bath with seperate tub and shower. I want 2 sink but not next to each other, Hubby likes to leave too many stuff on the counter. A nice kitchen with an island/breakfast nook, pantry. A media room, play room, an office, family room, formal dinning room. A private backyard with a play set for my daughter.

Cassandre

Asked by Cassandre at 1:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Like your's only maybe with an extra full bathroom lol. I'd also want a wrap around porch, and a large covered balcony/patio off the master bedroom since we spend a lot of time just sitting outside in the evenings. I'd want a big yard with play space too but with a nice space to entertain and with a pool/jacuzzi as well. On top of all that I'd want nice views! I can't decide between a city view or beach view so I decided I'd need to be on top of a hill with city views on one side, and ocean views on the other LOL. I think a lot about the home I'll only have if I hit the lottery jackpot :)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• a kitchen that cooks and cleans for you, a laundry room that does all the clothes and folds and puts them away! other than that something old that has been loved!
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I live in my dream home ... 2000 sq ft, on the water, full finished basement, 2 car garage, fireplace, 3 bdrm, 2 bath, walk in closets, nice yard ...

Now if I can just keep up with it all.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I was gonna post this question today... - Question Thief! lol

I've been working on the plans for my house for quite some time. I want to buy the property my Aunts & Uncles live on and build there. It's the ONLY property at the end of a dead end (well 4 properties)... I want to build a 3 story w/ 7 bedrooms & 8 baths... An Office & Library, a game room/theater, a gym w/sauna... We will be covering the roof with solar panels and placing two large wind turbines out on the property. The toilets will use rain water & the only think in the house using gas will be the range on the stove... This way we will be ALMOST self sustaining... All the heat will be hot water heat under the floors and we'll have hardwoods everywhere... Lots of big rooms & space!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:31 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I like your idea so far...but I would need an RV garage, nanny studio over that, fenced in therapy pool, bike riding tracks put down, tons of raised garden beds, tons of fruit and nut trees...a raccoon proof outdoor aviary....the house might wrap around in a U shape so I could see the kids from many places.
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:17 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I live in my dream home. We built it in 1994. It is 2,600 sq. ft. story and a half. It has a wrap around porch (3 sides), 2.5 baths, living room, dining room, eat in kitchen with lots of counter space, JenAire gas cook top, oven and microwave, laundry room, master suite down stairs so we won't have to climb stairs in our old age, and a large playroom over a 2 car garage. It has hard wood floors my husband installed. The porch has tongue and groove ceiling on the wrap around porch. It sits on 3 acres. We were our own general contractor, so that saved us about 25% in costs.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I also am priveledged enough to live in mine (not sure how long we'll stay here though!). We just moved in November of 2007. It was a new home so we everything pretty much the way we wanted. We have 3 kids' bedrooms and a Master suite with it's own shower, 6-jet whirlpool and Jack-n-Jill sinks. The kids have a full bath upstairs, and we have a small "guest" bathroom downstairs (main floor). We have a full unfinished basement, and I love my floor plan. I have 2 stairways that lead up to the bedrooms, and a 2 story entry. Our kitchen/Dinette area/ and family room are all open to each other, so it's great for parties and family get-to-gethers. My kitchen is AWESOME, and I have an island and a pantry....and off of that is a laundry room and a mudroom that lead to the 2 1/2 car garage.
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 2:10 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I saved you the time SabrinaMBowen
    Cassandre

Comment by Cassandre (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2010