my boyfriend and I have been seeeing each other for a month. we've been inseperable. He's just finishing a divorce. He has told me he is falling in love with me, but today he told me he just needs some space to find himself again, yet he still wants to see me, just slow things down..Is he dumping me or should I take it as it is, that he just wants some space?

Is he dumping me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• Sounds like he needs some space. And you certainly don't wanna be the rebound girl. Take it as it is for now. Be cool and give him a little space, because you don't wanna seem clingy either. Time will tell, really.

evilabbysmom

Answer by evilabbysmom at 6:16 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• i agree with the first post, it will be awhile but being a friend is good right now
    Anonymous

• the time after divorce is typically transition. Transition relationships tend to be idealic at first and fizzle later. Let him go get his schtuf together and if he comes back..great..if not you've saved a boatload of heartache
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:23 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Why do women believe shit like this? His ass wants to screw as many women as he can, and screw you too! Seriously. Find himself where? Stupid bullshit, and you're stupid too for believing him.
    Anonymous

• Not all guys are idiots. But most people should realize they shouldn't be involved for at least a year after a divorce to get themselves sorted out---it is like a friend of mine calls it--the Tarzan Syndrome--they don't want to let go of one vine until they have another in hand. I can't believe people who get involved with those going through a divorce!!! Don't ya think that person is on a roller coaster and needs some time!!! But I don't think it is to 'screw" around--not all men are like that. But you need to back off and let him heal. I can't believe the people that can be sooo in love with thier spouse, divorced in a few months and already seeing another person---shallow--very shallow.
    Anonymous

• Please leave him I went though the same thing. He told me that he is got a divorce and he took it hard that he loves me but that he needs space. Yeah the space I gave him was for him to be banger her still. so just leave him you deserve better.
    jessica_r75220

Answer by jessica_r75220 at 7:15 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• My bf was dumped by his ex wife for another guy. My boyfriend met me 4 months after she moved out. I think a lot of men NEED to have another woman immediately. I was that woman. I have gone through a ton of ups and downs. We almost broke up 6 months after beginning but made it through that. We get along great and really love each other.

I was the rebound girl. But he stuck around. After almost 2 years, we still go through stuff because he is still bitter about the divorce. The divorce still is affecting us. But we are working through it.
    Anonymous

• listen to greeneyedgrandma, that transition period sucks and sometimes they love you for helping them go through it but many times use you as the rebound person then when someone else comes along they thank you and run off with them. Guard your heart.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:20 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• just getting a divorce,i think he just need time to heel,but if he get to far from hanging with you .or not answers phone calls thats a sign.good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I met my husband shortly after a pretty nasty divorce. We dated for a few months and he broke it off with that same line... he needed space. I gave him a hug, walked out the door and gave him all the space he needed. Two months later he was back and asking if I still had room in my heart for him.

For him... he REALLY DID just need some space.. a little time to get his head straight and figure out if what he was starting to feel for me was real or just because he was rebounding. I got lucky... it was for real. We got married after dating for about a year and a half and have been married almost 7 years now.

cont...

CorgiMomma

Answer by CorgiMomma at 11:07 AM on Oct. 2, 2008