So would you date this guy anyway.......

There's this guy that is seriously fine, every time I see him, he smiles and we talk... i mean we're both obviously into each other. Only thing is, he's black and i'm white. I've never dated a black guy but i'd totally date him *he is seriously gorgeous*. I've got two young girls and I have a feeling my family would all FREAK out cuz of his color. (yes, we live in the south and some ppl down here still care about color. ahem, not me obviously) So question is, do I pursue this guy and risk pissing my whole family off or do i need to just stick to the white boys? lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• well clearly chemistry is brewing~i'd play that out before introducing him to the family~who says he is in it to stay with a white women and her two white girls? just flippin ya~see where it goes~ya could get lucky!
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 1:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• last time I checked we all bleed the same color.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I agree with lovin, his skin color should not deter you from finding love, your family will just have to adjust.

Answer by older at 1:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• who you date is YOUR business and no one else's
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 1:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Why does that matter? You love a person because of WHO they are, right?
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 1:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Follow your heart,your family will get over it. Hope you like more of him than just his "fine-ness" though, lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Honestly, it's your choice. I know my family would freak out if I were in your situation as well. I say do what you feel in your heart. If you're that worried about them freaking out, get to know him really well first, (as a person, not a black guy.) and see if you could do really well with him.
    This way, you dont jump into a relationship, you get to know him, and if you decide you're not into him, you didnt freak your family out for nothing. :)
    SimplyMadness

Answer by SimplyMadness at 1:25 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Coming from someone whos been in pretty much nothing but interracial relationships Id screw what everyone else thinks. However I never risked having my whole family turn against me so something has to be said for that. I can see where that would be tough, but at the same time I dont believe sacrificing your happiness for the sake of pleasing your family in any situation. But just really think about the situation before you pursue anything. Would he not be allowed into your families homes? Would you have to leave him out of family functions? Would your family be down right rude to him? If so, unless you plan on disowning your family it might not be worth it just for HIS sake. You wouldnt want to put him through that let alone imagine the drama that would cause in your relationship. Try telling your family about him before you make any decisions, see what their reaction is. Then take it slow and see if they don't start to accept
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I live in the south as well. And frankly, no one is living your life but you. I have a child as well and my happiness matters in her upbringing. I do not allow other people's opinion create a barrier between what I want. I'm sure everyone cares what their family/friends think, but you deserve happiness, no matter what color it comes in. People who can't see passed it are ignorant. Plain and simple
    careph

Answer by careph at 1:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Just see how it goes. If it never gets serious then you don't have to introduce him to your family. I wouldn't hide it, but there's no reason you have to invite him for christmas dinner at this point
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 19, 2010