Army wives I have a question please.. actually any info would be great

So my boyfriend is planning on joining the army soon, now he hasnt started anything just yet but he is serious about it. The only thing preventing us is that he wants to wait until after our DD's first birthday in September and he needs to study for the ASVAB. Ok so here is my question, we are going to get married of course prior to him joining so we can get the benefits and I am able to live on base with him. Soooo here is my question. I obviously know I cant go to basic training with him , but how soon can we like be stationed and me and DD and him living on base? I know he probably wont be there most of the time but like if he is stationed in another state when do we get to go?

xxSummaxx13

Asked by xxSummaxx13 at 1:48 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• What happens is he goes to basic training and then to training called AIT. His AIT time/ length will just depend on his job (MOS). He should know more once he has been at AIT for a few weeks, and then you will be able to plan your move. There is a military wives group here and another website for army wives that is popular- should be able to find it by google.

GL!!
    natural.mama

Answer by natural.mama at 1:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• You won't be able to join him until his schooling is over. He would be in barracks until then and once he goes to his first permanent duty station you would join him. Please go to ACS when you get there and take their Army Family Team Building courses. They have a ton of excellent info.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• well, you get to go as soon as he is tsationed! they will send movers to get your things, and you can drive out there! It will be right after AIT! He will go to Basic, then AIT about a total of 4 monthes! I hAVE been an army wife for 5 years now, and will be for another 20, and it is not as hard as some make it seem to be! You will be with him as soon as you drive to him! It is all up to you m:) We are at Fort Bragg, NC, look me up if you come here, good luck, and if you have any more questions you can e-mail me at timandjolee@aol.com
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 1:54 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• What all the other lady's said.... except if hes stationed overseas. Then there's a bunch of stuff you'll have to do before you go live with him overseas.
    It took me three months until me and our ds finally came here to live with him in Germany.
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 4:57 PM on Jul. 19, 2010