Potty Training my 2 year old boy

Does anyone have any advice on potty training a little boy who is too big for the training potties? Everyone I buy is too small for him, and the penis guard isn't high enough to catch anything. Does potty training on a big toilet with a child's seat and a step stool work just as well? HELP! i have two more babies arriving in October, and i would love to have my son trained long before the new babies get here.

LBD3910

Asked by LBD3910 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try the Fisher Price Frog potty.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3623281

I know this particular one is pink, but I have a blue one. It was the only potty my son could use because he had the same problem yours is having. He didn't like the big potty because he didn't like to poop while sitting down. This potty makes them separate their legs and the frog head is the pee guard. Now when my son sits on the big toilet, his legs are spread apart and he can point down so he doesn't need a guard.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 6:38 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• That's what I did for my DD. I just put the safety seat on the toilet and she learned that way. Which is good because she got used to using an adult toilet so now she'll use the public restrooms whenever we go out and not be afraid.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 2:04 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Make sure he is ready...With 2 babies coming in oct, there is a chance that he might regress as a way to seek attention...Unfortunately for me, my kiddos were never ready until 3 BUT they were trained within a week! GL

Doing what you described works fine!
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 2:08 PM on Jul. 19, 2010