feeling sad

my SO and i have been together for almost 4 years. we have a baby. recently she has been wanting to spend time with out me. so we can "miss" each other. we fight alot. it seems like we argue so much, i hate it. we pick at each other. i am feeling sad because i feel that we are falling out of love. she says she loves me, and does not want anyone else. but lately i feel that i am not her favorit person anymore. she gets mad at me and frustrated very easily. i feel like every day we get farther apart. this has all happened so fast, we have not been like this long at all. i need to know how i can make things better? how can i help her to be more happy in her life? please help. no bashing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe what she requested is what y'all need. When any two people spend A LOT of time together if can have a negative affect on the relationship. Maybe you DO need time apart to breathe and so you have time to miss each other, have things to talk about, and maybe it will minimize the fighting. HOWEVER, you also need to COMMUNICATE. Figure out the root of the fighting and discuss ways to deal with it better. Good Luck. :-D
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Have you guys tried counseling or mediation? Sometimes it helps to have a "referee" there while arguing to make sure no one hits below the belt. Do you guys have bad communication? Do you suspect she might be interested in someone else? I'm sorry you are feeling sad. Friendly communication is always the best way to figure things out. You guys need to talk & be friends & respect what each other has to say & try to not let the emotions take over during your conversation. Try being understanding towards her, even if it hurts. If you don't talk it out, you will never get to the bottom of it. Good Luck!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:05 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Maybe her issues have nothing to do with you at all, but she's using you as a relase for her emotions. It could be that she's just trying to find an outlet and since you two are together you're an easy target. Try to figure out the issues before you go at it with the 'You don't like me anymor approach". Because like I said, it might not be you at all that's the problem, just an easy target for her to release emotion. Talk to her, stay calm and civil, and try to figure out the real root of the issue. Then go from there.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• If I were you, I would make damn sure she missed me. I would get my own life and not try to hang out w her at all. If she didnt respond within a week or two then that is a very bad sign. If she has to feel like she is responsible for your happiness and entertainment then she won't be happy so show her you don't need her, but be nice during the process. It's basically playing hard to get. Give her what she wants and make her miss you. Good luck.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 2:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• It's really hard spending ALL your time together. Do you have separate interests or just do everything together? Little things that never bothered you before will start to get on your last nerve and you will end up fighting over stupid little things. Both of you should have hobbies that don't involve the other.

Wanting to do separate things is not a bad thing. It's actually healthy for your relationship. Find something that you like to do that you can do without her.

The most important thing is to communicate with each other!! Good luck and I hope everything works out for you.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• What do you fight about?
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 19, 2010