Thinking about a Diaper Shower or 2nd Baby Shower? adult content

I have a 2year old little boy, and I still have some of his clothes and some toys. I want to have a small party for this baby cause it a Girl and I dont have any clohtes and other small things that you need for a new baby. I'm just not sure on what I should have and who should have it for me. A Diaper Shower is where people bring diaper, wet ones, bath stuff and maybe clothes to. And then their just a shower. Some family thinks i should not have anything, but I think it would be fun to have a small party for her. Help I'm so lost and I can use any help I can get.

Johndeeremom709

Asked by Johndeeremom709 at 2:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If no one will host it for you, I'd just send out invites to the Baby Sprinkle. I wouldn't say anything about gifts and just let them decide for themselves if they want to bring anything.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Maybe you could do both. Have a shower for the women. Have finger foods and games and all that. Get one of your DH's/SO's guy friends to throw a diaper party and they can BBQ and watch a game or something.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 2:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• People don't seem to realize that every child deserves to be recognized. Should you not throw your second child a birthday party simply because your first already had one? No! So why is a baby shower any different. I like the diaper shower idea. Instead of having a baby shower for my second, I'm having a homecoming for her. People can decide on their own if they wanna bring stuff for her or not. Although I did request alot of diapers. That helps alot.
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 2:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• If someone offers to have one for you, that will be fine. Otherwise, I would not be the one to mention it. Those who want to get your baby something will do so anyway, with or without a party.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:20 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• NannyB is so right. I had a son in May, and no huge baby shower, for I had that with my first. So many people boguth me gifts after he was born. I got TONS fo clothes from co workers and family, that I still have not had to buy anything. I am sure you'll get gifts like that.

I also think the idea of a sprinkle is cool. Or just wait until he arrives and have a welcome baby party.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• bought**
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I agree with NannyB and KairisMama.
    I still get hand me downs from people for my babies. Of course it's not new things, but it's usable.
    But I agree, it's not tasteful to throw yourself a second shower, that is just my opinion. People will get the baby things, whether you have a shower or not.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 2:27 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I've never had a "traditional shower." It was always a "welcome baby" party. this time around (baby number four) I'm not even sure I want to do that. Christmas is right around the corner fromt he baby's due date (Oct 25), and it seems like an awful lot all at once.
    TempestRayne

Answer by TempestRayne at 2:31 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• We've always done "Baby Sprinkles" for babies after the 1st!! Each baby is a blessing and deserves to be celebrated - with or without gifts! Granted, gifts are always so helpful :)
    TarraJoy

Answer by TarraJoy at 2:42 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My family thinks that you dont have showers for a second or 3 baby unless they are like 10 years apart because by then everything is out dated and dry rotted LOL. We have a 2 girl now and we are trying for another and everything we have is pink. So if we have a boy we are selling everything pink and putting that money towards blue :) stuff we dont use for our daughter anymore. But i kept EVERYTHING clothes and all because we knew we wanted another baby. I kind of agree that its stingy to have another shower...as much as i would want one!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 2:58 PM on Jul. 19, 2010