Do I take him back?

It has been awhile since I have posted. My hubby and I split up and I got my own place. I miss him. However I know if I go back he will allow his kids to hurt me again. It seems he has no control over this.
He has made degrading comments about women and when I confronted him about the hurt last night he acted like he did not know that it hurt me. Here is an example of his comments..
1. While viewing porn he stated that women are like cars...There is no problem with looking..as long as you dont purchase.
2. While out to dinner with me he said to a waitress...What is on special tonight besides you?
3. When the painter came to paint our living room(female) he commented on how pretty she was. Not a big deal. Then he said he was going out to wash my car. I thought that was sweet since he had not done so for a long time. So not only did he wash my car he washed the painter girls car too!! pissed me off.
What should I say...?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I wouldn't say anything....I just wouldn't take him back!
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I don't see an issue with number 1 really. However, it seems like he doesn't know when to put a cork in it. IF there is any chance of fixing this relationship.. you both need to sit down and have a nice loooooooong talk. GL!
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 2:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I don't think I would want this one back! And I think the above reasons are quite reason enough not to want him back. Now if he were to come crawling back pledging to forsake all other women, even the ones on screen, I might consider taking him back after about a year's trial period where he proved to me he was a one-woman man.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:25 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• come on..........if you like the way he is treating you than stay.........if you respect your self and value yourself than "run"! you dont need to be with a person that will disrepect you like that! good luck!
    gonzalez3

Answer by gonzalez3 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• However I know if I go back he will allow his kids to hurt me again. It seems he has no control over this.

This is the #1 reason why I wouldn't take him back. He cannot control his own kids and therefore will not control himself.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• What should you say?... You should say "Thank God I wised up & got rid of him!" Why would you even consider taking someone like this back??? Is this the way you want to be treated in a relationship? By taking him back, you're saying that you aren't worthy of being treated with dignity & respect, so why should he if you don't require him to? You need to embrace the good sense the good Lord gave you & move on! You deserve a real man!

ghostwriter777

Answer by ghostwriter777 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Ummmm...that should be a bonafide NO! Do you even need to ask if you know this is how he is?
    GinNTonic

Answer by GinNTonic at 2:27 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• No, I wouldn't take him back. Nope.
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Sometimes a door closes so that another one can open...You already did the hardest part, you left and got your own place. Just be strong hang out with friends...post on cm when your feeling lonely so that we can lift your spirits and get you through the moment. You did the right thing,now just keep reminding yourself why you left in the first place....he's your ex for a reason!!!!!
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 2:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I would not take him back at all! Honestly, if he is not willing to see how his comments hurt you, if you went back you could just expect more of the same.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2010