My two year old keeps getting sick!!!

My daughter has been to the doctor every other week! She goes to her dad's every other week! At first it was thrush, a cold, and a yeast infection. I took her. Then last week it was a staff infection. I took her. Now this week, she has a slight fever ( while here with me) and a swollen throat. I had to set up the appointment FOR her father so that he will actually take her ( he should have the other times, because it developed while they were with him). Anyways, my question is, is this normal for a two year old to get sick a lot when going back and forth from two different homes? Can he get in trouble for never taking her when there are OBVIOUSLY things wrong with her while she is there? He just brings her home sick, and I nurse her back to health. I'm not getting able to enjoy healthy time with her!! sorry so long, this was a vent too.

Amber211

Asked by Amber211 at 2:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It doesn't sound right to me. Honestly, going to another persons house should make them sice every week. And yes, he should be taking her on his time if that when it develops. Other than that I can't help, but it doesn't make sense to me why she'd be sick all the time like that...
    Ezranight

Answer by Ezranight at 2:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Yeah... pretty much. Especially if she's around more kids. Kids are germ incubators.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• They call it the "Right of Passage"... some kids go through it and some don't. My oldest didn't but my youngest daughter did. It was miserable. It may seem linked to him home and the chnage but it most likely isn't. If you feel his home could be to blame simply have someone look at it. Child services I'm sure would do a check without you risking losing your child, or they may know someone who can for you.

But I would bank on it being the "Right of Passage".... it was a miserable time for my little girl but she is FINALLY over it. Staff infections, ear infections, fevers, diarrhea, puke, runny noses, colds, coughs, etc... we did it all!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:30 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• P.S. Staph infections are scary. Where did she pick that up from?
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 2:31 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Staph is carried by EVERYONE in their bodies... people with weaker immune systems tend to have outbreaks. Her being sick a lot has weakened her immune system resulting in staph outbreaks being an easier occurence. Trust me, I KNOW.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:32 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Do you give her vitamins. Truthfully the only thing you can do is feed her good give her vitamins.
    You might be able to call CPS on him. But it might back fire on you and you could get blamed too.

Answer by louise2 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2010