What unusual games have you made up when you spend time with the kids??

When my son was young I used to set up bowling pins but used small plastic soda bottles instead. I lined them up on the side of the tub and he used to get a big kick out of throwing a little plastic ball and knocking them down. Another game was tree football in the fall in the front yard we had a tall tree and we used to through the ball toward the tree through the branches. The higher level of branches thrown thru the more points you made. We played up to 1000.

litninbug

Asked by litninbug at 2:37 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The other day I had my girls (who are activly learning the ABC's) go and each find an object that started with the letter "A"... when they brought me that object they went and put it away ad brought me something thatstarted with the letter "B"... etc. I guess you could call it Scavenger Hunt ABC Style! lol

Kept them busy and they enjoyed the heck out of it! Of course the attention spans were lost fairly quick, lol and they started cheating (bringing multiple objects at once to see if it started with the right letter, lol) but it was funny to watch! ;)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:40 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• When we are in the car going anywhere. We always play, "That house is mine". Where we pick out a house as ours, and then make up the stories of our lives to go with it.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• My son is only a year old but with my siblings I used to play the "who can be quietest the longest" game LMAO
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I would put something on my head book, DVD, and start wiggling and it would fall off and she got the biggest kick out of that...she just gets the giggles...I would do this over and over and she loved it. Making funny, silly faces to all my kids when they were little...they loved simple little fun stuff. Tickles, playing chase, hide and seek.
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 2:45 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• We play "Hug-Hug Kiss-Kiss Monster Mommy". The kids come running from the other room to get hugs and kisses. One is almost two, the other is almost six. They both laugh hysterically. We also drum on my large exercise ball together like we're playing music.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 2:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• While riding in the car, we would play, "Once upon a time" I would start the story, "Once upon a time, there were 4 little kids named (my kids names), and and one day they"......and then I'd throw it out to dd....then she would finish the sentence and then add another. Then the next child would pick up where she left off and so on...pretty soon we would have an elaborate story. I don't know if it means anything, but my kids get fantastic scores on their writing assessments now....I like to think it has something to do with the 'Once upon a time' game.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 3:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2010