another potty training question...pull ups or no pull ups?!

We just started potty training my daughter who just turned 2. she is doing so good! but we are going to an ammusment park wednesday and then going away friday to another one. Wed is about and hr away and friday is a little over 2 hours. Im wondering do i do pull ups for this? Im afraid she will regress backwards if i do that since they are like diapers. I bought them with intent to use them when we leave the house but i just brave it and take extra panties, but we are just running here and there quick trips. what is your take? do i brave it, but if she pees in her stroller it will stink and she wont want to sit in it the rest of the day/trip. She is doing really good, but with all the excitement im worried! HELP! Thanks for your time!!

babymaddy

Asked by babymaddy at 2:41 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I used regular panties when I was potty training but, there is no way I would want my child sitting in PEE because she had an accident on a trip. The plastic pants are no help when trying to keep the car seat dry they are gross.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Let her use pull ups BUT make sure you stop about every 30 minutes so she can at least try to go potty. Also, make sure she knows that she can not go potty in the pull ups.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:43 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• maybe try those plastic panties over her big girl panties? I don't know how well they work, but I see where you're coming from with pull ups feeling like diapers.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:44 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I hate Pull ups!!! They are just expensive diapers with elastic in the waist. I used cotton training pants on my boys when they were potty training, that is when they weren't running around naked.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:46 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• She is in panties every day, and she even wants them on during naps and night time which she isnt trained at and i let her because she cant hurt anything, but i dont know what to do since she will be, beside herself with all the excitement! UGH!!! i really dont want to use the pull ups, but im worried! decisions decisions! LOL
    babymaddy

Comment by babymaddy (original poster) at 2:50 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I hated Pull Ups, but honestly, on those days, I would use them. I would just consistently remind my little one, and ask if she needed to go potty.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Pull ups are unnecessary and expensive. On overnights and a few very long trips, we stuck with diapers which are cheaper and less leaky, and during the rest of the time it was straight out of diapers and into absorbent undies.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 2:58 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I think pull ups are fine for outings and overnight for beginners. But you still want to remind her she is potty training and take her to the bathroom! you could also get some cloth training pants! they arent as absorbant, but well...thats a good thing if you dont want to confuse her lol. Plus they are just thicker cloth underpants, not the same material as diapers like pull-ups are. you can find 3 packs of cloth trainers at target for about $7
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• btw...if you must do disposable trainers...stick with pull ups. I had a coupon for easy ups and they really sucked. I like how Pull-ups has the detachable sides
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:17 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• You might put a Pull-Up or diaper on over her panties. I think that way she'd still feel wet, but the carseat or stroller wouldn't get soaked.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 3:34 PM on Jul. 19, 2010