When is a good age to start potty training?

My son is 2 years old. His birthday is March 29. I am trying to figure out when i should start potty training him.

MatthewsMomma06

Asked by MatthewsMomma06 at 8:44 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My sons have showed signs of wanting to potty train at 2 years old. So your son could well be ready...I would buy him a potty chair and introduce it to him, have him sit on it a couple times a day when he's watching tv....then he'll get used to it and should start getting interested in potty training.
    sweetmissy_05

Answer by sweetmissy_05 at 8:47 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• I started my eldest after he was 2 1/2 and it only took a few days it depends on when they are ready....but the avg is closer to 3 for boys
    cougarkristi

Answer by cougarkristi at 8:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• my son was 2 when we started and completely trained at 3. my oldest daughter was 2 when she was completely trained.
    tayanddyl

Answer by tayanddyl at 9:00 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• My March 2006 boy is potty trained. He trained about a month before his second bday. My other two were just two. I think two is the best age. Good luck.
    Mimomof3boys

Answer by Mimomof3boys at 9:45 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Whenever your child is ready. It is different with every child. When they start asking questions about the potty and looking at their "things" it is time to start the process...sit a potty chair in the middle of the room and have them get comfy with it before actually using it in the bathroom. We are in this process now...do not expect it to happen over nite. Lots of patience and loads of practice. LOL good luck!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 9:50 PM on Jun. 18, 2008