rice cereal?

do you think that it would be ok to give my 1month old some rice DHA cereal in his bottle because he is really fussy all the time?
some other moms had gave me the advice but i was going to get some more advice from more of you so what do you think?

Rachel_Ventura

Asked by Rachel_Ventura at 6:18 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not at one month,

And deff not in a bottle,

When its his first time make it around 2-3 months of age,
    Im not being a mom like ohhh noooooo never do the bottle thing,

I mean around 6 months give a shot,..what have you...

Make sure the baby isnt funny because of gas, or...because, he isnt liking his formula...EITHER WAY
    ask you doctor about BOTH
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• you're not supposed to give cereal that young, the youngest is 4 months. but enfamil makes AR which is specially made for that and has the right amount of cereal in it so you don't give your
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:25 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• LO too much- sorry, accidently pressed enter.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 6:26 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• If you feel like it would help go for it.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 7:51 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• You should never give a baby cereal in a bottle until they are old enough to have really good head control, usually atleast 4 months old, otherwise its a choking hazard.
    Rachael420

Answer by Rachael420 at 8:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• no.
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:45 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I would say not at 1 month old and not in a bottle. Talk to your ped about possibly changing formula first (it is simpler and is easier for your babies delicate tummy to digest rather than cereal). Your ped will tell you when to introduce cereal (mine was at 4 months) and he recommended a spoon.... bottles are for drinking and cereal is a food (for eating).
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:46 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Everyone has their opinion, my mom started me on cereal at 4 weeks! I am a healthy adult with no problems.

My son was a very healthy eater and woke up every 3 hours on the dotr to eat, so we started with a very little bit of cereal in his bottle at about 5 weeks and after a week moved him to a feeder increasing the consistancy every few days. As soon as i noticed that he was not pushing it out of his mouth i started on a spoon.

Yes it can be a choking hazard, but EVERYTHING has its hazards. Seriously, almost every crib in America has bumpers but it is a suffication hazard.

Do what you feel is right and always follow your gut. You have motherly insticts for a reason.
    brannen

Answer by brannen at 9:47 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• thanks all of you ladies!
    Rachel_Ventura

Answer by Rachel_Ventura at 9:53 AM on Oct. 2, 2008

• I started my daughter on cereal at 7 weeks with spoon then switched to bottle...just make sure you mix very good if using a bottle and use a nipple with a bigger hole
    blueeyes71883

Answer by blueeyes71883 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 2, 2008