paci????

Alright how do I get my two year old daughter off her paci? She has a brother who is one with one and a 2 month old sister also, how do I take hers away without her getting jealous? She turns 3 tomorrow I need hers gone!!! She is too big for one, but I need HELP!!! Thank you

anfisasmommy

Asked by anfisasmommy at 2:56 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i feel your pain!!!
    i have 2 yo twins with their pacis, but the 2 month old doesn't even take one!
    i think it is time for a visit from the paci fairy : )
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• tell her that they are for babies and she should 'donate' them to a baby because she is going to be a big girl. Then get her something special just for big girls and throw the paci away!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 2:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Let the paci fairy come....make it a HUGE deal....put the pacis under her pillow and tell her the fairy will bring her some replacement gifts....

THEN stick to your GUNS!!!!! DONT GO BACK it will only make it worse the next time. If she is turning 3, then she is old enough to reason with and understand no means no.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:59 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I like the paci fairy idea!
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 3:00 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Why on earth does she "need" to be done with it? Especially if two younger siblings have it. That is a comfort item. IMO, they should give them up on their own. MOST, not all but most, will give it up by age 5 or 6. I mean really even 6 is such a short time to get to be a small child compared to the 90 years she will have as an adult. Let her give it up. You may encourage her by saying it if for babies, but, she too it still a tiny baby compared to lifespans. She isn't even 3 yet and still has a long way until school age.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:02 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I like the Paci fairy idea and also tell her they are for babies and not big girls like her. Good Luck!
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 3:27 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I have heard that if you gradually snip the ends of the paci they won't want it anymore...not sure if it works...haven't tried to break my 18 month old
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 5:31 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I wanted it gone by the time my daughter was two, but she didn't get the whole binky fairy idea. So we bought her a baby doll with bottles and a paci, and spent a few days talking about how she was a big girl and how babies need bottles and "neenees' but big girls don't. We just took it away. She was a little whiney the first few nights and asked for it for a couple of weeks, then it was all over with.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 6:06 PM on Jul. 19, 2010