how do you make yourself hyperfocus or focus period with college?

RN school and ADD has been a huuggeee obstacle i hyper focus on unrelated or UNIMPORTANT topics!! how to u MAKE urself focus period!

Elizzaay

Asked by Elizzaay at 3:01 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I had to sit in a small room and have the radio playing to block out all exterior noise. I was able to focus this way.

Answer by Bmat at 3:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Make sure there are no distractions - no TV, no internet, no music - just quiet so your mind can concentrate.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:03 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• make more time for it? get the medical teaching aides to play with for your unrelated focus? study early in the day?
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:06 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• when i was in school i would do all my work early in the morning and have music on very soft no tv though and it seemed to help.. the early you study the longer it sticks as well and it helps focus too cause it wakes up your mind
    Italiana88

Answer by Italiana88 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I also used notecards. That way I'm not wasting time on things that aren't relevant.
    Sue41

Answer by Sue41 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I didn't have any kids when I was in college so I could pick up and drive to the library. My favorite desk was back in the back and nothing to stare at but the wall. I would sit for hours and just study. Make a room for yourself in your house if you can't just drive and if you have to get up at 2am to do it, then do that.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 19, 2010