teething question please help im scared

my son is 12 1/2 months and his eye teeth have been trying to come through for almost a week now. Im kinda scared because they look like they have come all the way up but didnt break through the skin. They are kinda bloody and just look very very sore! I dont know if this is normal. Here is a pic-the tooth is outlined in a blue cirlce its on the other side too but you cant see it as well. Please help thanks!

http://www.cafemom.com/photos/view.php?photo_id=13709226

mommyofone15

Asked by mommyofone15 at 3:09 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He's fine. Give him son HyLands teething tablets or Tylenol and a frozen washcloth to chew on. Teeth sometimes go back a little before coming out and sometimes look funny and are sore. Do not give him Orajel as it could cause the gums to harden making it more painful.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:12 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• the hylands teething tables work wonders! If he starts running a fever I'd call his doctor because that might be an infection. Teething is very painful and the gums do get very red and swollen and hurt. Just keep him comforted. It's hard because they are in so much pain, but we all go through it.
    Cassarah

Answer by Cassarah at 3:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• its normal... tylenol helps a lot
    jaksonsmommy

Answer by jaksonsmommy at 3:25 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• its normal, my son had the same problem. actually i asked the doctor and she told me that his gums needed help to break open for him. she suggested a frozen waffle to chew on. not only was it cold and hard but the texture itself was ruff. i dont know about you but when you have a tooth pulled and there is swelling the pressure feels better. so the doc said that biting on it would help with the pain and getting the tooth to break threw. good luck
    dakotas_mom2008

Answer by dakotas_mom2008 at 5:24 AM on Jul. 21, 2010