In a long distance relationship, what are the best things to do to keep the love alive????

Missing each other alot. On phone each day but what advice can you give me for things to spark up good conversation, and keep communication alive???? How much phone contact a week is enough?? Too much??? How do I stop my mind from wondering on to the possibility of him finding someone else-I don't bring it up to him. I guess it is a natural insecurity of mine and I should stop worrying.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• I feel the same way, my boyfriend is moving a few states away next month and I'm joining the Army in 3 months. I plan to talk to him on the webcam as much as possible. I would hope we could talk on the phone daily before I leave for basic, and write letters when I go in. My boyfriend is moving very close to south beach, so I'm very insecure!!!
    mommymela87

Answer by mommymela87 at 3:16 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• One of the things my ex fiance and I used to do was send a notebook back and forth. Each would keep it for a week and write down stuff about our day, our thoughts about each other, etc. It was very sweet. Then we'd mail it off to the other and back and forth. That was nice since we really could only talk on the phone once or twice per week.

That said, this same ex fiance was the one who knocked up a gal and married her while I was overseas working. LOL So I don't mean to be negative, but I think one thing you have to remember with long distance is that if something seems off, it just might be. If your SO is blowing you off and you're already only talking once or twice a week? Well, he might have a new "hobby". I was with my ex fiance for 4 years. We had lived together for quite some time. But I just happened to be overseas for a few months. Voila. We did live through our previous separations though. (military)
    BuddyRoo

Answer by BuddyRoo at 4:01 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I would reccomend skype. It makes being away from each other so much easier when you can see the person. To spark conversation just talk about what has been going on with each other. Also try watching shows and movies on the phone together to make you guys feel like you actually spend time together.
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 4:29 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• my husband and i do this daily...he works out of state 24-5 lol...he comes home on fridays but on some jobs hes gone for months at the time...one year i only saw him for 3 days on christmas...so my best advice is..talk daily we mainly talk at night and text during the day....there are going to be many days you are like um i have nothing to say..but it will come to you in time...this is not something you can rush or u will be miserable...try not to dwell on what hes doing find something to entertain you..as for your wondering mind i have been with my husband for 8yrs he has worked out of state for 5 and its a hard lifestyle and i cant say i dont think about it bc i do...but i try and think about the things we have our lil girl and our home etc..and if i start to wig out about it and cant get it off my mind i just call and talk to him...
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 5:14 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• When I was in school, my English teacher made us answer a daily question. It came from a book called "The Big Book of If's". It has tons of random questions in it. I would also suggest tons of Skype time.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 6:47 PM on Jul. 19, 2010