Am I the only one that thinks this?

I have been on here for 5 yrs. It seems like no matter where I go or what I do on here there seems to be such negativity. It about drives me crazy people just reading small parts and drawing up their own conclusions and such.
When I first got on here everyone was pleasant and helpful. They didn't judge they helped.

Why is it that CM seems to be so full of hate and drama? Do you know? Please I would like to hear answers ........

Dannille33

Asked by Dannille33 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 19, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I've really noticed a change on here since they've started the credits and stuff. HAvent come across too much of the negativity, rudenes and meanness as before. I'm sure its still here but I think its less. So thats good. But..we can change the way a website works..but ya can't change the people that use it so I guess there will always be some of that going on! lol
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:18 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I have only experienced a littl of that. I am sorry you feel that way. This should be a supportive and warm place. What issues or areas have you experienced this? So sorry.
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 3:15 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• The thrill of being able to say what you want without any real outcome. It's just a computer so some use it to their advantage. I am surprised though. 5 years and you haven't figured out how to ignore them? LoL :-D
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 3:16 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I have been here a week and find that good stuff you first found. I like the answers really...I'm afraid to post in politics area~down votes galore~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:16 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Things are what you make of it......you can read into peoples answers as little or as much as you choose too.

I find it funny when people take this place so seriously...who cares what others post...you dont have to take their advice...skip it, call them crazy in your head and move on....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:16 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Think about it. A website full of opinionated women with nothing better to do? What do you expect!

This does not apply to everyone of course :) Before I'm cussed out.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I think we all tend to notice the few people who get us upset/angry much, much more than we notice the many who don't.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I do ignore them.. and do not take offense. I just have friends that have been on here as long as I have. Plus new ones always asking me why it is so popular when it is so dramatic and such a hurtful place to be.

And .. yes it is the thrill of the outcome and all but still there are some people that are REAL on here.

This is a MOM site ya.. there's gonna be fights and drama but does it have to be everywhere? I mean come on. I thought we were all grown ups and not kids. It is Cafe MOM not Cafe Kid or Teen drama....
    I prefer to talk to others about life not about some dumb thing I did just so I can get 500 replies... I am others think Cafe mom is turning in to a JOKE.
    Dannille33

Comment by Dannille33 (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• Well, it IS CafeMOM. However some of these moms are teens, and some of them aren't but still ACT like teens. And by acting like teens, I mean 13. Unfortunately, being a MOM doesn't guarantee maturity.
    LyTe684

Answer by LyTe684 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 19, 2010

• I guess I am just not easily bothered by things....I have never been "hurt" on here. Its a website full of people I dont really know. So whatever they say is like.."ok..whatever"

I still dont see the drama you are talking about. I mean yes, people debate or argue back and forth if they disagree, but can adults not disagree without being Teens.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 3:24 PM on Jul. 19, 2010