Is it normal do be really really tired in the first trimester?

I am 8 Weeks Pregnant and I am so tired I don't feel like doing anything!! Does anyone have advice on getting more energy during this time?

coco.mama1234

Asked by coco.mama1234 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• That was me in my first trimester! And it comes back in the 3rd too, lol.
    Thats one of the ways I "knew" I was pregnant. I came home after work everyday and needed a nap (Not like me at all!)
    Good luck. Try eating lots of veggies and fruits to give you some heatlhy energy!
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 6:30 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• lol i hope so no im kidding it is totally normal im 10 weeks and i swear all i do is sleep heck im tired now lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• OH-MI-GOSH! Its all I did !!! I felt like a baby! I worked, slept, went to class, slept, ate lunch, slept, took a breath, slept! LOL! It get only a little better as you go! Good luck!
    MarynmomofColby

Answer by MarynmomofColby at 6:38 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I was the same way and yes it does come back in the third. But a look on the bright side is in the 2nd trimester you usually start feeling great...you have more energy and the morning sickness usually leaves...its the fun time of being pregnant. I dont know when you take your prenatals but I have heard that if you take them in the morning instead of at night the vitamins give you a boost of energy throught the day, its worth a shot.
    sarahdalenej

Answer by sarahdalenej at 6:39 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• Being tired is the only symptom I felt early in the 1st trimester. In fact I went to the doc to get a blood test to see if I was anemic and that is how I found out I was pregnant! Fortunately, my hubby and I were trying so I was not too surprised! But yes, it is normal and hang in there cause you will feel so much better (if you are anything like me) the second trimester! You will get your second wind! Just realize how much your body is going through to grow a little human inside of you! Put your feet up when you can, heck there is not many times you will be able to use this as an excuse! Enjoy!
    madlyinlove412

Answer by madlyinlove412 at 6:49 PM on Oct. 1, 2008

• I was very very very tired in he first trimester. all i did was sleep and go to work. it was an exhaustion like no other. now that i entered the second trimester its better. i have more energy and everything. i am enjoy this time because before you know its we will have big bellies and won be able to do much. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 3:23 PM on Oct. 4, 2008